What colour Dipsy Divers work best?

fishing diva

Just heading out to the tackle shop to buy some walleye gear. Wondering what colours of Dipsy Divers work best for you. I am going to buy a couple of black but would appreciate you imput on other colors. Thanks in advance! Maxie

I am a fan of darker colours, copper and down.

Gold looks like 3 ft across on a bright sunny day a few feet under the surface.

If I could only pick one... It'd be black... I have had alot of success with matching diver to the bait though...

Confidence is your best color... ;)

Overcast days black
Sunny days black
Trolling for walleye, those fish are feeding up..
Picture being under water looking up at bright sky
Even on gloomy days up is brighter
Dark colours will give more of a silhouette..
Where flashy gets lost in any sort of chop, and bright colours don’t give as much contrast
You can never go wrong with dark dipsys or spoons out on Erie
Get on YouTube and search trolling for walleye Lake Erie lots of videos
Let’s be real though the way the walleye population is right now you can throw a weight and a treble on a squished pop can and catch them so go with whatever you have confidence in or is on sale haha

Black is the number 1 color on my boat. Lost my black one replaced it with another color. Black side out produced.

My #1 combo above 40' last season...
UV Deeper Diver and 3.5 Heatwave Bayrat...FB_IMG_1583619174782.jpg

I have a friend who is using matching dipsys and lures. Here's one example, he has a number of different combinations.

915-5.jpg

915-4.jpg

I on the other hand don't have that luxury lol and use store bought products. LOL

dipsydivers.gif

This is a pretty fair example of what goes in the water on a regular basis.

bait.jpg

Both methods produce.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks