What are my opinions after drilling a hole?

Windy Point

I need to run my trolling motor wire to my Hummingbird. Because where the red dot is (will be appropriate drill hole) will be exposed to full weather I need to seal that off the best I can. Is there other choices other than going with a clamshell cover (as seen in second pic)?

1000001558.jpg1000001559.jpg

What make is it? I have a channel going from bow to console to run wires (Lund). Also, where your red dot is, I have a dealer installed plug for battery charger. No issue with water getting in there so far.

Princecraft
Although I can stick my finger in a hole (in the corner) just under the rail it dead ends at sheet metal. So no through hole, I'll have to drill.

I installed my charging port just behind my throttle controller.

Stereo shop for a rubber grommet like cars have for going thru the firewall
I have thought of this, but two large head cables going through one hole doesn't sound like a good seal to me. Even if I drilled two holes the grommets still have to allow a larger connect head through.

must be able to run the cable under the floor come up in the bow right under the motor. just run it with all the other wires if you have a trim tab up front run with them and for the navigation lights

must be able to run the cable under the floor come up in the bow right under the motor. just run it with all the other wires if you have a trim tab up front run with them and for the navigation lights
For me, if I run the wires under the floor which I have no problem doing, I will no longer have the ability to remove the motor. I bought and installed the quick release bracket so I can pull the motor in times of need.

Here's the real estate under the casting deck.

1000001406.jpg

Clamshell cover as seen in second pic because it's rain proof, just make sure the hole points down.

Otherwise I like these. They look factory:

1712947752489.jpeg

Blue Sea Systems Cable Clam

I need to run my trolling motor wire to my Hummingbird. Because where the red dot is (will be appropriate drill hole) will be exposed to full weather I need to seal that off the best I can. Is there other choices other than going with a clamshell cover (as seen in second pic)?

View attachment 85739View attachment 85740
Use this and dielectric grease... rubber grommets work aswell but nothing will be perfectly waterproof unless you use silicone and that makes repairs annoying.

For me, if I run the wires under the floor which I have no problem doing, I will no longer have the ability to remove the motor. I bought and installed the quick release bracket so I can pull the motor in times of need.

Here's the real estate under the casting deck.

View attachment 85746
Oh okay hmmm
I just assumed there was quick connect to unplug the cable from the motor

Clamshell cover as seen in second pic because it's rain proof, just make sure the hole points down.

Otherwise I like these. They look factory:

View attachment 85748

Blue Sea Systems Cable Clam
Two very interesting choices, between yours and Tweeter's - $100 verses $20.

Hmmm, if I can drill my own holes in the rubber gromet maybe i could get away with just one bss clam for passing two cables?

Back