What a storm

JASON83

Lots of damage to these feel sorry for the owners boats on rocks in Bruce and boat getting pulled out in burwell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 436
There was a story on CTV London's news last night about the damage at Pt. Bruce. They may have a link on their website for the video.

It was the heaviest one night rainfall that I have ever experienced - 5 inches of rain here in St Thomas.

WR

anyone have pics from bruce? rush creek more so. My boat is down there.
I do have a couple pics from Saturday but can't upload them the files are to large. The pics I have are of the boats close to the boat launch at rush creek. If you want them send me your email and I can send them your way

I do have a couple pics from Saturday but can't upload them the files are to large. The pics I have are of the boats close to the boat launch at rush creek. If you want them send me your email and I can send them your way

Create an account at Photobucket.. upload your photos there, it will automatically resize the photos for you. Then copy and paste the image url here and voila! :)

We are luck no one was hurt or worse yet, every on in port Bruce took hits, people took big chance to save thing, in the dark in a storm in the middle of the night. Thankfully Sunday was a nice day to recover stuff, and many pitched into help, and I must say thanks to those complete strangers that gave up there day fishing stopping and helping us all out.

I do have a big issue with our municipality and conservation authority thou, when logs the size of transport are jammed in river putting property and lives at risk and ignore emergence request for help, and there only response days later in situation like this is just push them off and let it be the next guys problem downstream ,ya ok..... dumbass

If there was 2in of snow on the ground and no body at risk they would have every piece of heavy equipment they have here, opp ,and fire department to watch ice flow by???????

Guess our flood warning system and emergence planning is only good for the month of march

Hope all is well done there today
As far as I no it is , I have taken some negativity from some people thou about Friday night, poeple don' t realize how bad it can get, those two boats on shore were struck by lightening at the dock and blew
a hole in it side and fried it ,we were standing a 1000ft away, so those that want to blame us for not doing more ...holly shit

in my opnion @rushcreek , its the owners responsibility to make sure that your boat is moored and fastened properly and they probably all were . but a rise in the water level and acts of god are not in anyone's control .safety for human life take president in a situation like this. that is what insurance is for. if you can afford a boat (Bust Out Another Thousand) you can afford 300 in yearly insurance. peoples emotions get the best of them in high stress situations and lash out in different directions. hope everyone gets things sorted out and that in the end they had insurance.

in my opnion @rushcreek , its the owners responsibility to make sure that your boat is moored and fastened properly and they probably all were . but a rise in the water level and acts of god are not in anyone's control .safety for human life take president in a situation like this. that is what insurance is for. if you can afford a boat (Bust Out Another Thousand) you can afford 300 in yearly insurance. peoples emotions get the best of them in high stress situations and lash out in different directions. hope everyone gets things sorted out and that in the end they had insurance.
If your insurance Company will not cover it you got bad insurance. Open to debate. Sorry to the people that had damage.

I remember a storm in 1996 I was working at the bluebill marina. I got a call at home at7 pm. My boss and I ran all around the marina with knives cutting ropes because the water came up so fast that boats that where tied to tight would not capsize. I cut a rope off a sail boat and it came up so fast I was tossed into the channel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks