What a rotten day on the Bay:)

Walleye

Hi all.

Great sleepin today. By noon it was 22c in Ingersoll and lite winds. Number one is bored and lookin for some action. The boat is stored at my bud's place but left last fall in full ready condition.

I call Jimmy and ask if he is open and he says "yes". I ask if he has minnows and he says "yes". I ask if anyone is catching fish and he says, you guessed it, "yes".

We were supposed to be at our cottage in Hearst this spring break for ice fishing and number one is a little upset about that. Number one is upset that she hasn't been ice fishing this year. Number one really likes ice fishing.(happy wife, happy life)

So with all the pent up anxiety I, I mean we, went to the Bay and picked two scoops of Jimmy's finest. We were fishing by about 14:30 at my favourite spot 3/4 of a mile west of EC-10. Visibilty is 100 feet in mist and the wind is blowing with a temp of 10c. The anchor stuck and with 2 seconds I have a big Perch on and then lose it. The finder is marking tons of fish. My anchor loses ground and I, I mean we, can't hold.

One of my backup spots is 1/4 mile slightly right of the Old Cut as one comes out so WE go there. Now about 15:30. We are fishing about 3.5 feet of water and the anchor is holding.

Number one is catching fish and I am not and apparently this is where the "we" becomes "I" for her. She uses the dead stick and I the bobber. It was off and on with a lite bite and we left just as the sun came out and the wind went down at 17:00. We kept 15 from 8.5 to 11 inches and threw back about 20.

Okay. Number one is not reading over my shoulder now so I can tell the truth. She caught the biggest one but I caught the most and it was all me.

Cheers, Clark

Sounds like there are a few fish out there. I'm going to try today if the fog ever burns off.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Hey Walleye, it,s a small world for I too have a cottage in Hearst area. Not too far from Lake Fushimi Prov park. Stoddart laKe, Where abouts Are you ?
Rob.

Hi all.
robrimfire. I am also on Stoddart. The east side, built five years ago. Send me a pm with your phone number if you will. There is an issue with taxes.

Cheers, Clark

Back