What 3 words app.

@Rock if it helps, I took the wife for a little boat ride last year, and she looked at me and said, "you need a Bimini, you can't sit in the sun all day long." (Been doing it for 3 years)

New Bimini, no argument. šŸ˜

Try taking her fishing and tell her with one you'll catch fish in both directions, not just one.

Who knows it might work.

Had someone on the boat late last year and although I wasn't watching closely, they were closely watching what the boat was doing and the FH.

They stated, Now I get how you catch fish both directions, it's the FH.

It really helps IMHO. LOL

Last edited:
I'm not worried about getting lost on my home waters. I'm more concerned if something bad happens while cleaning a path with the machete or chainsaw, portaging over log jambs, a late season swim resulting in hypothermia or, as it happened this fall, slipping in the mud and throwing my back out bad enough that I can't get out of the bush under my own power. (Thankfully it popped back into place before I had to cross waste deep on slimy clay patch.)

I had a good look at it last night.

Truly excellent idea, but what if you can't or are unable to speak. (2 different things)

I see it has share, but you have to know the other end to do that.

If it had a "speak for you" ability in it, it could be your voice if you can't verbalize where you are.

But again excellent idea.

I work in the emergency services field, and our dispatcher's are able to ping a cell phone (with signal) with incredible accuracy rather quickly too minutes of a request by onscene rescuers. Has saved lots of time during rescue's. If your worried about a GPS app with big brother watching you, they already can with just your cell phone ON with SIGNAL. With that being said don't worry if your not a most wanted felon, or lost, they dont have the time or resources to randomly track people and we all arent that interesting. GPS app would.be helpfull in areas of no signal or towns with low tech dispatch centres

@Stick I have an app that I don't use much called GPS Tools by Virtual Mase accuracy to under 20 meters.

Maybe have a look at it too.
Accuracy will vary for many reasons.
It depends on the current satellites available at the given time.
Many of these satellites are not stationary in the sky but are moving targets.
Add in cloud cover and terrain interruptions.
Individual receivers (IE phones or GPS's) also vary in capabilities.

I work in the emergency services field, and our dispatcher's are able to ping a cell phone (with signal) with incredible accuracy rather quickly too minutes of a request by onscene rescuers.
Accuracy can and will vary due to location and towers available. Many times it is quite vague. One tower will not be no where as accurate as reception from multiple towers. In a city it will be far more accurate then in the countryside and in more remote area's with reception on one tower it will not be accurate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks