Wednesday looks great!

lebaron

checked windfinder and Wednesday could be a last chance to go out this year before winterizing. I was waiting for a day like this (weekend/no winds) the whole summer, I only managed to put my 16' Legend once on Erie.
Now, I decided not to miss this last chance and take a day of. not too many perch/walleye reports out of PBurwell but I'll still give it a try. Any suggestions? depths?

I agree that Wednesday is the day to go. Coming off night shift, hooking up the boat and off we go! Probably try the bay.

Looks like Wednesday is good for one last hurrah with the boat, besides I have 2 full loads of fuel to burn off. At least in the bay you will likely catch something. Any minnows in LPB?

In addition, if anyone is going to fish the bay Wednasday, please, feel free to fish 20' from my boat. :) you might bring luck. White Larson BR Merc T.O.P....can't miss the engine.

cheers!

Last edited:
Proppers is the only one on LP bay that has minnows! The perchin in between rowan & st williams is amazing today⚓
Thanks for the update @duck blind,(y) especially about Proppers being the only one that sells minnows on Long Point Bay.It is best to get out there now for some Perch,before the Ice Fishing starts on the Bay.For me anyways,it has been a "Hit & Miss" the last few year`s on the Bay during the "Hard Water Season,"to find the Perch.Tight Lines,& PERCH ON!! (y)

Hey Erich!!!!! Found out this morning that Jimmy is done selling his finest then ran over to Ray's(ole cut) no luck!!
Drove through the rippped up causeway & just went back to st williams! Beat up 6 dozen minnows in 4 hours! Crazy,amazing day today on LP Bay no birds so may as well play with the perch & pike!!!! Ain't pulling boat till my channel freezes up! AGAIN!!! Lmao⚓

Was a great day outta bruce told too take the day off ..picked up perchmaster Sr. Ended up with 90 for the day big feed on today too bad wind is going to put an end too it .nice too be on the lake without 5-6 fters..good ending !!A good cold winter will make next yr good ..seems mild winters screw the fish up!!

What an awesome day on L.P.B. today! Have to admit it was the best day fishing this year for me. Left at 5 am and got off the water at 7 pm. Worked the entire inner bay from east of bait island at the mouth of the outer bay to old cut and funny farm and ended up with 30 excellent keepers, 2 pike, a bunch of sun fish, a bucket mouth,2 cat fish and as we were pulling in the last keeper at 6:45 pm a frigg'n musky jumped out and took the damn perch as we were ready to lift it in the boat!!! Honestly, had no idea the bay held musky. To top the day off, had the honor and privilege of having a great friend from the Canadian Military on board for the day who had the time of his life! Can't think of a better way to end my Ontario fishing experience for '16. Special thanks to Mother Nature for her co-operation weather wise. :) Time to park the OarFinn.

cheers all and best of luck with your hard water season...as always, be safe on the ice!

Mike

Was a very nice day on the bay today... a lot of boats! Had a day off today, ended up with two descent size pikes. A lot of perch action!

Hey Erich!!!!! Found out this morning that Jimmy is done selling his finest then ran over to Ray's(ole cut) no luck!!
Drove through the rippped up causeway & just went back to st williams! Beat up 6 dozen minnows in 4 hours! Crazy,amazing day today on LP Bay no birds so may as well play with the perch & pike!!!! Ain't pulling boat till my channel freezes up! AGAIN!!! Lmao⚓
Thanks for the update @duck blind.It definitely sounds like you had a Fantastic day Perchin!! (y) When is your Perch Fry??? :whistle: I will likely not get out onto Long Point Bay till next week.But who knows,it could be sooner.At least there is someone that sells minnow`s on the Bay.A BIG Thank-You to Proppers!! (y) I have bought minnows from them during the Ice Fishing Season,when I fish that side of the Bay,and I am assuming that they will keep selling minnow`s as the Season`s progress.I will be fishing for Pike also,and there should even be the odd Smallmouth Bass feeding in the inner bay,now that the water temperature has fallen to the Basses liking.I know what you mean about the ripped up causeway,@Reddog and I drove through that area on our way to participate in the Long Point Bay Angler`s Association Pike Classic,this past October 8/16.What a mess for driving indeed!!:mad:See you on the Bay,& Tight Lines,& PERCH/PIKE ON!! :)(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks