Weather apps

Whiskey Venom

Anyone have any good lake weather and wave apps their using, would be much appreciated

I just use the weather network app but will be using some new ones thanks!

Silly question. When it says winds are North West at 10 knots. Is that wind coming from North West blowing toward South East? Or is the wind coming from South East headed toward North West? Thanks.

I use a combination of a bunch as they all like to “predict” different things.... sail flow, Windfinder, my radar, weather network, environment Canada, NOAA sites for temp as well as the daily satellite pictures helps pic out water clarity especially this time of year in the west end with mud lines. Good luck.

I use all of the apps/sources mentioned by others, and then the big flag on the 401 at Woodstock as the final okee dokee or the uh oh, this might not be good indicator.

Just a note that the NOAA links to the weather buoys that @Wave Runner posted aren't active yet because the Port Stanley and Port Colborne buoys are removed each winter and have not been put back yet. They go back into service in early June and are very good during the summer other than the wave heights are generally about double what the data says.

Port Stanley weather buoy (live marine weather, wave height, water temp etc.)
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45132

Last edited:
Back