Off Topic WE ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THE PROBLEMS OF BC OPEN WATER FARM RAISED TROUT AND SALMON BUT THIS IS DISGUSTING

Get Hooked

Thursday November 30, 2017
Blood discharge spewing into B.C. ocean infecting salmon: scientist

Wild salmon off the B.C. coast are swimming metres away from a stream of blood pouring into the water — the byproduct of farmed-salmon being processed at Brown's Bay Packing Company, near Campbell River, B.C.

Underwater videographer and naturalist Tavish Campbell filmed fish blood being released into B.C. waters. He says he wasn't prepared "for how shocking it was to see the blood flowing out" — even though he knew about it for some time.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...-c-ocean-infecting-salmon-scientist-1.4425193

CAUTION: YOU MAY WANT YOUR PUKE BAG HANDY AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO

While your at it check out this Report with Video:

Disturbing New Footage Shows Diseased, Deformed Salmon in B.C. Fish Farms
https://www.desmog.ca/2017/08/23/di...shows-diseased-deformed-salmon-b-c-fish-farms

Last edited:
I don't know how fish farms escape any sort liability for the unchecked environmental damage they cause:mad: The same $hit happens on our great lakes. GB and northern lake Huron are full of retarded, domesticated trout farm escapees. And what happens when these fish happen to escape their pens? Are the aquaculture farms held responsible? Nope! Their collecting $$$ on 'lost crop' I'm sure....

Josh

That's a sad commentary and just another reason why I don't eat farm raised fish of any kind. :(
There's more than enough contaminants in the fish now and this practice needs to be completely stopped. (n)(n)

That's a sad commentary and just another reason why I don't eat farm raised fish of any kind. :(
There's more than enough contaminants in the fish now and this practice needs to be completely stopped. (n)(n)
Times are fortunately changing...slow but changing! Indoor rearing stations with recirculation systems with less than 1% water intake and no water leaving the system as a liquid. Fish grown in these systems are pathegeon free and there are no bio-security issues like so many other types of animals being farmed these days! I am 100% against cages in the lakes or oceans BUT like I say, things are changing in leaps and bounds and the future of our wild stocks depend on it! Being 100% against farmed fish is not helping the issue or the wild stocks unfortunately and with fish and sea food being the consumed protein in the world and growing more and more every year its here to stay! Our oceans and lakes (especially like Lake Erie) depend on research and actual farmed fish! Also with everything in the system controlled including ideal grow out water temperature....fish can reach market size quickly and younger and although that doesn't mean much in an indoor facilty other than increased profits, its better than fish in cages that can only be fed half the year due to cold or hot water sucking in more contaminants in the lake or ocean they are caged in! One other thing....how do we know the facilities processing the native wild pacifics salmon from Vancouver to Alaska are not doing the exact same thing as this processing plant is?...just something to think about!

Back