Off Topic Wax's/Polishes for an Aluminum Boat.

walleyeman

Hey Guys- Just curious as what to use on my Lund aluminum boat. Any suggestions please. Thanks and stay safe. Walleyeman.

Nothing cause once you start you cant stop. That dull grey colour is a thin layer of aluminum oxide that protects the rest. That's all you need. It's one of the best parts of owning a tinnie No wax No polish

I'm presuming @walleyeman 's Lund is painted which is why he wants to wax it. I used some Maguire's liquid stuff on mine last year but wasn't really thrilled with it so I'll be watching for replies too...a demo would be even better.

I'm presuming @walleyeman 's Lund is painted which is why he wants to wax it. I used some Maguire's liquid stuff on mine last year but wasn't really thrilled with it so I'll be watching for replies too...a demo would be even better.
Thanks G.Mech- Yes it is Painted- White to be exact. Sorry I forgot to mention this at the start of the thread. I too have used Maquires rubbing compound. It did work for me only on scratches. Have not tried there Wax though.

3M #09020 Aluminum restorer & polish..for pontoon boats & Aluminum boats

I have used this several times with good results on my 2003 red lund boat..
you can read the reviews..its been around for years..

1588621836185.png

I have tried Turtle wax and was not impressed. I started using Chemical Guys wax last year and am happy with the outcome so far. It is available at some Canadian tire stores as well as Carquest.
I know that plenty of guys on other forums swear by F11 product’s I personally havenever tried it.

Walleyeman, I use 3m Cleaner/wax on my clients painted aluminum boats. with an oscillating polisher, not grinder type. Cleans up the debris film and leaves a nice shine. Available at C.T.C. in the marine isle...about $20 +/_.

All guys are right whatever works I had a Lund Pro Guide years ago, Really faded ,My cousin polished it with a buffer and 3m compound then mcguiers wax It looked like new in an hour. I currently have a Lund 1800 fisherman black I use this spray on wax from costco 3 cans for 30 bucks its stellar wax FW1Canada.com spray on wipe off excellent wax excellent
Actually, that reminds me, I have 3 cans of FW1 in the cupboard that I bought for my last boat....maybe I'll use that again!

Last edited:
A friend of mine uses a product called “Hot Sauce” on his new black Lund. He swears by it. Lots of videos online. Called a spot remover/ sealer so I don’t think it is a primary wax but seems to work well as a maintenance tool. Think he got it at Bass Pro

i use a cutting compound first to strip gunk off, then use a coat of auto wax which i got for a detail-er i know, and the last important coat i use is snake wax, this stuff is simply amazing. spray on and work in, sheds water, does not leave any marks after you pull boat out, and by the time i get back home, its just like i waxed it. the snake wax come from Chrysler, its what they use on new cars when sold .

Thanks guys for all of your help and great feed back! I guess their is a lot of products out there that are amazing! Guess I will have to try them ALL! Greatly appreciated- Walleyeman.

Collinite insulator wax. Used for high voltage insulators in power plant and substation applications. Even gasoline beads off and lasts for whole season. I love the stuff. Great on painted surfaces. Applies like any other wax.

I polished up my 21 year old Crestliner yesterday... Meguairs every couple years keeps her shiny...crestie shine.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks