Watch for net in bruce

Houndogger

Heads up there’s a huge net or (nets) out of Bruce. Slightly west of the pier it Goes from 52ft to 44ft. Biggest net I’ve ever laid eyes on. Be careful it’s not marked the best.

More on the way because of the chatter and photos on this site.Next week there will be nowhere to fish as the nets from various tugs out of Port Stanley will be out in full force.They read this forum also.Sport fishers are the best locators of fish when we do well they do better.Smart people just say did well or say nothing.

More on the way because of the chatter and photos on this site.Next week there will be nowhere to fish as the nets from various tugs out of Port Stanley will be out in full force.They read this forum also.Sport fishers are the best locators of fish when we do well they do better.Smart people just say did well or say nothing.
Well said!

I was out with a couple tugs off stanley this morning...fishin was good...just to mention weaver tug come out later and dropped a mile+ long gill net...unmarked in the middle...and the earlier tug dumped his sheephead tits up for the gulls...thinned quit a few out...I never caught any junk..all pics....Its the same out there....just another good season...
I reccommend fish first light..that way you can watch what and where the tugs are working there nets...Thankfully I have never run into a net out there yet...you need to stay focused on your location and keep your sharp wire cutters handy...good luck out there...

1st off thanks for the heads up on the nets

2nd I agree nets need to be marked better
And do pose hazards and dangers for boats and fisherman

3 rd I disagree with our posts and reports affected the commercial guys decision to set nets .....i have past commercial experience
And most companies have been passed down several generations along with 40 + years of knowledge and data

Of when and where to set nets based on previous experience based on temps and water levels

They have way better sonar and fish finders and have been fishing those areas allot longer than most of us have been sport fishing.

They will put prospect nets out in several areas or depths and when they start producing some
Then they will set the rest of there nets in those areas.
The reason we will see more nets this year is because the quota for central basin has gone up....so net more nets and make less trips ....fuel cost money

I'm not looking for arguments everyone has own opinions.......but don't want anyone discouraged to make reports for fear it will draw commercial boats .....the commercial boats are coming no matter what and they new where the fish were long before the first walleye report got posted

Hope everyone has a safe and productive fishing season

For sure @binfishn ...

Complaining about nets in the lake is like complaining about sand traps on the golf course....they are there, deal with them, they aren't going away.
And the relationship between posts on this web site and the placement of sand traps is the same as the relationship of posts to placement of nets.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks