Fishing Report Walleyes Port Burwell - July 14th

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Went out yesterday morning with my friends' son and father-in-law, a former very-old-school fisherman from Russia. It was a first time for me to be a "senior" fisherman on my boat, feels great! :) The guy had no idea what a downrigger is or what a trolling rod/reel is, so he reeled the first walleye to about 10 feet from the boat and tried to pull it into the boat! Luckily, my walleye rig survived his pull and we just lost a walleye. I am so glad I used stronger lb-test fluoro to make that rig even though I was told it is too much! From then, after a little lecture on reel drag and a use of the fishing net, things went like butter. It was amazing, the guy reeled the fish in like he used to do it for 1000 times. We'd landed full limit for 1S+2C licenses (I was also amazed to learn that a non-Canadian citizen Conservation license is like $60 bucks and not even for a full year!!!) in about 3 hours, all between 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. Overall, we had 2 riggers and 2 dipsys, almost all fish off riggers with blades having pink/purple/rainbow. Mr Dipsy landed one what I would call a huge walleye (to me it is, the biggest I ever caught, probably 27-28 inches) on Coyote Fluorescent Pink/Chartreuse UV, and I was lucky to notice that, the dipsy did not even release the trip; don't know why, the screw was set for lighter release. No bites until we lifted riggers to about 20 and 25 feets respectively, in 52-54 feet deep. Cheers Vlad.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks