Walleye time

IamMoe

Hey everyone, i started fishing lake erie last year in the middle of july for walleye out of port bruce. I was wondering when do they start showing up? I have been reading alot about perch being the target now but I've got the itch. Thanks

Hey everyone, i started fishing lake erie last year in the middle of july for walleye out of port bruce. I was wondering when do they start showing up? I have been reading alot about perch being the target now but I've got the itch. Thanks
Early July I`m afraid

Lots of walleye to the east . Fish the rocky shoals along the north Shore. Took 4 in under a hour just have to dig through the smallies and sheepshead.

There are a few guys on a Niagara forum that limited out in the Port Colbourne area on the weekend in 30 to 40 feet of water. That's a lot of water around Pt. Colbourne. They are not the big migratory fish that start in the west end and travel to Niagara make the turn and head back west in my opinion. These seem to be smaller local fish in the 1 to 3 pound range. They were caught on jigging spoons and drop shoting according to the reports.

@jerk bait when you say east, how east are we talking?
Between port colbourne and Maitland . Alot or water to cover but alot of fish .what's the point is correct most are local resident fish of perfect eating size . Look for rock shoals rock humps rocky points. You don't have to fish 30 feet deep either as these came from 8 to 16 feet of water . They will soon start moving deeper ad the smallies populate the shoals .

I'm with Rubicon it was early June last year we started getting good numbers. Been out twice for perch out of Bruce & both days were VERY slow!!

Just like the Perch they are going to show up next Wednesday off Pt. Bruce, I'm not 100% how deep though, probably around 37.5'.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks