Walleye, rainbow or salmon

Dave T

Where's a fella got to go to find some walleye, rainbow or salmon now? Just got my boat back from the shop and I'd like to get a couple fish for the freezer and smoker (salmon) before the snow flies. Thanks for any info.
Dave

Hey Dave, my brother and I were out on Saturday for a few hours and managed to boat 4 nice walleye and lost a couple more. Also got 3 silver bass. We were fishing in 85 - 98 FOW straight out from the power station at Nanticoke. The fish were hugging the bottom but there were numerous marks. They seemed to be traveling around in loose schools near bait balls. One fish hit a worm harness off the rigger, two came off a copper dipsy diver pulling a purple reef runner and the other one came off a bronze dipsy with a blue/silver rippl'n redfin. The bite was pretty light, I think as a result of the frontal change in the weather.

Good luck in you quest!

Bob

Thanks for the info Bob. I've never fished over that way but always looking for new spots. Might have to give that a try.

If it's to rough to get on the lake then try the Grand River from the dam in Dunnville down to the lake. Walleye are in there and the trout are running up to spawn.

Go to super store,metro,food land.garenteed fish there.probably cheaper than running around the lake picking up a fish here and there.Weather is junk,and it's getting late for numbers of fish.

Back