Walleye fishing Sept 1-13

kmaub

Me and the crew headed out this morning in the fog missin pops cause I guess he needed to do some yard work today as his full time job is keeping him too busy thru the week he has to give up fishing!

And he calls himself retired! LOL

Started in 60 FOW and trolled out to 64 then turned around and trolled back into the 55 ft range!

we tried the riggers with all different colours up in 25 ft area and down to the bottom! All that we brought in were the silver bass!
icon_confused.gif

Lead lines out 5 to 10 colours and we had one hit with a 8.5 lbs walleye on a green and black body bait and one 3 lbs bow on a gray short body bait.

The rest of the day was sheeps and silvers
icon_cry.gif

Speeds were in the 2.2 to 3 mph with the waves and against we just couldn't get in the groove of the last couple of weekends but hey we got out!

so at the end of the day we came back to dock and Maggy says "dad, do you want me to start the car to get the AC on" I said "na don't worry about it" Now I always put my keys in the lunch bag front zipper so no mistakes and the car keys don't end up in the water when we unload.
So I guess as Maggy put the bag in the back seat the door must have hit the bag and what ever was pushing up against the keys in the bag had pushed the button and locked the door! NOOOOOOOO!

Thanks to Bill for the offer to drive us to Tillsonburg to get the extra set of keys! But we called my wife to bring the extra set to unlock the doors so we could come home! Thanks Babe!

I'm a little short on the pictures today cause I'm still waiting on the daughter to send them to me as the conversation goes....Maggy are you taking pictures? Yes! Maggy where is my camera? Don't worry dad I'm taking them with mine and I'll send them to you! Well I'm still waiting! LOL

So here is what I got with my camera!

leaving in the morning
b_205544.jpg

same
b_205634.jpg

long view pier shot! LOL
b_205728.jpg

just before we got to 60 fow!
b_205824.jpg

Hey Rick as a coincidence I ran into a couple of old work friends while visiting my daughter @ MacDs this morning and there was a young guy in the group that fishes out of Bruce quite often who turns out to be my friend Vu's son. He mentioned that he stayed in 55-57 fow so to avoid all of the silvers that were out deeper but still found it quite slow yesterday. Another friend had a great deal more luck out of Glasgow - bows, a couple pics and even 2 salmon in the box yesterday.
Oh well lots of fun as usual and a great feed for dinner to boot, so thanks for your hospitality (again !)

Bill

added some of the missing pictures!

the set up

the one and only walleye of our trip but what a beauty!

the weather

the trip back in!

Hey Rick as a coincidence I ran into a couple of old work friends while visiting my daughter @ MacDs this morning and there was a young guy in the group that fishes out of Bruce quite often who turns out to be my friend Vu's son. He mentioned that he stayed in 55-57 fow so to avoid all of the silvers that were out deeper but still found it quite slow yesterday. Another friend had a great deal more luck out of Glasgow - bows, a couple pics and even 2 salmon in the box yesterday.
Oh well lots of fun as usual and a great feed for dinner to boot, so thanks for your hospitality (again !)

Bill

new plan of attack come next weekend if we get the chance to get out! ;)

I shoulda thought of that...I've signed up 'on the spot' got the form filled out in the tow truck don't know if they still do that...the only thing is the wait on a long weekend would probably have been well - long. I have a picture of you with that monster walleye but as one of life's little tests I spent over an hour trying to get the Kodak software to download the last few pix on my camera - it unloaded the first ones no problem . I was so mad that at one point I thought I was gonna burst into flames...glad to see Meagan sent hers along so I can relax

Bill

I shoulda thought of that...I've signed up 'on the spot' got the form filled out in the tow truck don't know if they still do that...the only thing is the wait on a long weekend would probably have been well - long. I have a picture of you with that monster walleye but as one of life's little tests I spent over an hour trying to get the Kodak software to download the last few pix on my camera - it unloaded the first ones no problem . I was so mad that at one point I thought I was gonna burst into flames...glad to see Meagan sent hers along so I can relax

Bill

:)

I hate the Kodak software! messes up my pc! LOL

but yes took her long enough! she went back to sleep monday! Midnights is kickin the :poop: out of her! She has to get used to it all over again

Cheaper than $60/ year? If so, you better start sharing your secrets with all of us! :D

not per year nope! I'm only allowed one mistake per 10 years! LOL the rest I just dont tell her about ! ahahahahahahhahah

Since the last time I lost my very expensive keyless key in the drink, that doesn't sound right, for my wife's Nissan I will never bring my keys on board. I usually hide them, somewhere I won't forget where I hid them, sometimes I remember where I hid them. One of those pushbutton keyless fobs from Nissan are around $225.00,,,,,,,,,,,!!!

Also I love that marina. Greg told me a great place to hide the truck keys. The best thing is if I forget where they are he won't . The marina I use on the Niagara River actually will keep the keys on a board behind the register. I suggested they tag them with the boat registration number, so if someone put the gleep on them they would never know what vehicle they were for unless they walked around the lot pushing the lock button. Heck of someone really wants to steal something there isn't much your going to do about it.

"Me and the crew headed out this morning in the fog missin pops cause I guess he needed to do some yard work today as his full time job is keeping him too busy thru the week he has to give up fishing! "

Ain't that the truth? Didn't fish or golf for almost a week up to Labour Day setting up for brother and sis in law from Halifax (6 live lobsters, oh my oh my) and preparation for our annual John and Fay Bierd Lakeshore Labour Day Charity Golf Classic. Only 56 golfers and guests raised almost $2000.00 for a very young lady suffering from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. All worth it.

Last edited:
WOW! Glad I didn't loose my wifes keys! Holy crap! If I wouldn't hear the last of it! I'm still hearing how she had to take time out of her day to come rescue me! LOL
I have hid the key a few times and you are correct, if somebody really wants something they will take it regardless! Sad but true!
Nice work on the fund raiser!

Back