Walleye fishing Long Point Thursday July 19

Three of us fished 40 to 100 feet off Long Point from 9:00 to 12:00 had only one small fish on and lost it. Lovely day on water though. Stopped in at Bluff Bar on way in caught 4 bass in 45 minutes. We weren’t skunked . My first time out in a while for rainbow and walleye and I was disappointed

My two Daughters and I fished the Elbow today from 8-11:30. Great day to be in the water as far as the wind goes. Started in 60 and fished out to 90. 85 was most productive. We end up with 6 eyes and lost 2 bows. Also a couple of silvers as well. Most of the fish were in the top 30’. 5-6 leadcore on the in-line boards and dipseys 65-85 out on #3 setting. Riggers never moved today. Good luck to anyone getting out. Back to Burwell next week.

Thanks for info may have been fishing too deep. Used worm harnesses, body baitsvand lures of different size and colours. No luck!

My two Daughters and I fished the Elbow today from 8-11:30. Great day to be in the water as far as the wind goes. Started in 60 and fished out to 90. 85 was most productive. We end up with 6 eyes and lost 2 bows. Also a couple of silvers as well. Most of the fish were in the top 30’. 5-6 leadcore on the in-line boards and dipseys 65-85 out on #3 setting. Riggers never moved today. Good luck to anyone getting out. Back to Burwell next week.
Nice info

Riggers never moved today. Good luck to anyone getting out. Back to Burwell next week.

I learned a valuable lesson a couple of weeks back.

Tried running a DR slider lure last year and for some reason had nothing but tangles.

I figured it out this year and never drop a DR without a slider on it now. Yesterday, out of Burwell DR produced 5 Walleye, 4 off the "slider/cheater" lure.

Sure it also had a few Rainbow hits as well but didn't get a solid hookup because as soon as the fish broke the surface it was gone. Slider line never got tight as it didn't get the chance to slide down to the DR lure and bury the hook.

Never leave home without one. :happy::)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks