Virgin no longer

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
But still very amateur. Smoked a flank steak and sweet potatoes on my new toy. Very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_9002.jpeg
    IMG_9002.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9003.jpeg
    IMG_9003.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 33
So I might just be hooked and enjoy the simplicity of this pellet smoker. Last week I did two pork tenderloins with a few garlic bulbs and smoked some beets for smoked beet salad.
Baked beans and home made 50/50 beef venison burgers and sweet potato fries this weekend.

Next I’m going to marinate some venison jerky meat for 40 hours and do a low smoke on it for a few hours and finish it in my gas oven that I can hold at 100 degrees

Attachments

• IMG_9057.jpeg
    IMG_9057.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 10
Oh almost forgot, here’s a little something I found. For anyone with the sh_t disturber gene like I have.
View attachment 79332
SpatchCATing? Lol.

We love our Traeger. In the last 15 months it has become the dominant home appliance. The wife made "upside down puff pastry tarts" a few days ago, so good!! So easy.

Reactions: GPS
New to a pellet grill myself. Very useful tool. Beats my electric vertical or charcoal in so many ways

Attachments

• 20230820_152301.jpg
    20230820_152301.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 7
How long was the chicken in the smoker, and what temp?

4.5 lb bird on at 225 until brest reached 140 on my probe then 275 until 165. I was surprised by how crispy the skin was. FYI the leg was around 180. Very moust and tender

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks