Video: "I will be a hunters' nightmare". Ohio man claims neighbour stalked him, shot at him to stop him from hunting deer on his own property

Get Hooked

Dec 20, 2023
Richard Page has a small farm in Portage County, Ohio with more than 100 chickens, turkeys, and guineas. He admits they make noise all day long."I couldn't have my birds if I didn't have good neighbors," he told 3News.Good neighbors, he says, except for one.Last weekend, Page was hunting on his own Atwater Township land of five acres when it happened. Cellphone video captured the entire incident, with the woman who sits behind his property being heard yelling, "I will be a hunter's nightmare!"

God bless America ? I wonder if they have similar law like in Ontario regarding the interference of a legal hunt ?
From the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act:

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing​

13 (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

(a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;

(b) placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or

(c) engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

Notice without authority​

(2) A person shall not purport to give notice that entry to premises is prohibited for the purpose of hunting or fishing or that hunting or fishing is prohibited on premises unless the person has authority to give the notice. 1997, c. 41, s. 13.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks