Using planer boards

Dewworm

Quick question..what releases work best for big boards..I have a bunch of scottie releases floorboards.. I hope won't be pulling fish around like I did with the riggers before switched..will rubber bands help..

Quick question..what releases work best for big boards..I have a bunch of scottie releases floorboards.. I hope won't be pulling fish around like I did with the riggers before switched..will rubber bands help..
Usually when using big boards and mast
Usually just use shower curtain hooks and elastic bands . Get 3or 4 - 10 pk hooks from dollar store

I started out using shower clips, then picked up a few dozen cheap aluminum 1 1/2" or 2" carabiner clips. One handed to put on to board line, no fumbling with 2 hands to close like shower clip. They also slide out
a lot easier.

I largely troll lake St Clair. I use shower curtain rings with the black clips from offshore planer boards. They work for musky and walleye. Now if I find the walleye size is lower I switch to rubber bands. Dollarstore has a pack of bright colored thinner bands. They stretch out when something small is hooked. If you double wrap the band on the ring it wont fall in the water after it breaks.

I have had issues snapping those bright coloured bands from Dollarama but have found if u leave them in direct sunlight for an afternoon then they snap no problem the next time they are used.

I would use shower clips also, once I run out the 4 plus dozen, amish outiftters pilgrim releases.
Don't need the band breaking every time.
They can be found for reasonable shipping from go ole fishusa unless of coarse you would like more of the outfitters fantastic products and an order direct from them could be made.
Enjoy

Can anyone post a few pics of a shower hook and rubber set-up looks?

Choose your weapon.

Attachments

• 2B596FEB-6819-44DC-A345-3F18CA66B868.jpeg
    2B596FEB-6819-44DC-A345-3F18CA66B868.jpeg
    546.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks guys..guess I'll need to experiment a bit with them..I tell ya after switching rigger releases last year I thinking ill find a better mouse trap with the boards too..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks