Turkey Pt

GDOG

What would you call a guy and his girlfriend throwing a spinner bait from a fully rigged bass boat in a canal at Turkey Point today?

I have a slip there..see it all the time....out of season is what it is...and no respect for boat owners as these idiots bounce lures off boats...seen ppl lay lures on canvas...and canvas aint cheap

pike in the marina chanel.....yes they are there...but ..flipping between boats...fully rigged bass boat with plenty of power to go else where with better results.....that's bs....and all these guys have done is buy a ramp fee for the day...that dosnt give them the right to slam lures off of docked boats

Yeah I hear ya, bet they wouldn't like it much if u casted and hit their boat. Funny how arrogance works eh

hummm....reminds me of fishing in 5ft of water (anchor) out of old cut and a speed boat (red and white) came buzzing in between my 17ft tracker and a 21ft sea ray with 4 little kids on board. (about 40 feet max between our two boats) and they buzzed between us at full speed. They could EASILY have gone around, it's a big lake, they guys in our boat all wanted to knock some sense into that guy. First of all we are anchored and fishing, the loud speed boat completely ruins the fishing...oh right I forgot endangering little kids.

Yeah Rex it baffles me sometimes, its a whole lake and people really need to swamp others, especially seadoos I swear they will circle your boat and try to cross every line possible

Look's like the " over 50 and own's the lake" club is chirping tonight? Guy's, I fall well into our chosen group? I've boated in 12 feet of tin to 26 feet of glass, 30 yr's. of bitching. No different than northerner cottagers bitching of who's on their lake?
Just saying, used to not to be able to go fast enough, now I hate any wake.

What would you call a guy and his girlfriend throwing a spinner bait from a fully rigged bass boat in a canal at Turkey Point today?

Illegal is what I call it. Where is the management of the Marina I might ask when dough heads are tossing lures at my nice shinny boat? The answer to that one is simple, they don't own the water and can't do a thing until damage to personal property happens or they can call a C.O. Post a NO FISHING sign and the idiots can still fish there. It's a big issue on another forum every year when guys fish near or in a marina.

Talking about people not respecting a safe distance to pass by .. Try fishing out of a kayak !! I have thought about adding one of thoes tall orange flag's for bicycles to the back of my yak. not being seen is one of my worries. Any ideas on making myself more noticeable?? Please keep an eye out for the little boats too. Other boaters not seeing me is the only reason I can think of why fellow fisherman will over take me at such a close distance

Saw a similar boat last year. Reported it. Got ignored. Guy in the boat even threatened me. Decided to change marinas.

Fishing last year on Lake Sturgeon with a bud..tossing frogs and blades in a cove lined with cottages. A knucklehead in a big cigarette style boat seemed to enjoy buzzing us close rocking the boat. On the last pass in, his prop picked up my line...50lb test braid....so I let him have all 300 yards of it. Have fun cutting that out of the seals.

These 2 were NOT fishing inside a marina or near other boats...
-This thread took a bit of a turn!! lol. WOW!

I was thinking the same thing @GDOG. Where do these people get all they're saying out of what you posted? Just another case of running off at the mouth without knowing a single detail. It seems to happen all too often on here I'm afraid. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks