Turkey Point Muskie?

hodge

Hey guys, I've been reading on here for a while but finally caught something I need to share. We trolled yesterday (June 26) in front of Turkey Point shoreline down to Normandale and back for the morning. We picked up 11 smallies, a nice 8lb or so pike and another 3lber, and a few rockies as well. My buddy also caught this on a perch coloured rapala between tp and Normandale..

muskie.jpg

Pretty positive it's a muskie due to the spots. Also noticed that the snout of the fish seemed to be shorter in comparison to the length of its body compared to any pike I've caught. This fish was released.

Also while I'm posting I'll show off a couple of my catches from earlier this year. We got these three pike just south of pottahawk about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I caught the two larger ones on a rapala glass shad citrus colour which is my favourite lure for catching big fish in the bay so far. The biggest was 37" and a little over 14lbs.

pike.jpg

pike2.jpg

Also, here's a 21lb carp I snagged in the tail early this spring while pike fishing the weeds on the west side of the bay. What a battle it was on a light action rod!

carp.jpg

Thanks for the read, hope all my picture links work!

That is definatly the first musky I have seen caugth off of TP. There have been a few in the bay and more so at Bluff's Bar in recent years.

from the photo.....no doubt it's a musky......Nice catch

Fisher-Price

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks