Turkey Point Channels

LadyInRed

Are the channels in the town of TP zone 19 or 16? I looked on the legal boundaries map on ontario.ca/fishing but couldn't tell.

I caught a nice eating size pike there and put it back because I couldn't figure it out. Logically, it should be 19. But it is the government so logic doesn't apply.

Attachments

• 20190424_145523(0).jpg
    20190424_145523(0).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
My thought is 19, as it is part of the navigable waters of the lake. Interested to see others perspectives as it is a bit of a grey area.

500 meters from shoreline. Its 19. Rivermouths are the same. Its lake erie water and navigable water. Its public waters as well if its navigable under the oceans and waterways act of canada. I know there was some debate over this before as to who owns the water .

??? the breakwall at TP and the channel out into the lake what is the ruling on that??? understood the breakwall was posted

Zone 19 !!! Always been its lake erie water . 500 m upstream or into any cut. Posted with what? Its navigable water . Public water way. Zone 19.

I think fishing from private land. McDonald marina property. This is my guess.

Zone 19 !!! Always been its lake erie water . 500 m upstream or into any cut. Posted with what? Its navigable water . Public water way. Zone 19.
posted with private property--I think. there is or was a "light" house/beacon at the point---used to be a neat spot for some good sized "rockies" off the end not really suited to fishing during the summer months due to the boat traffic

posted with private property--I think. there is or was a "light" house/beacon at the point---used to be a neat spot for some good sized "rockies" off the end not really suited to fishing during the summer months due to the boat traffic
Not sure about the land but the water under the canada water way act is public. The docks break walls and land probably belong to the marina the water does not. I witnessed kayak fisherman last year in the channels being hassled however they knew the laws and nothing came of it.

Check out the laws.. Canada navigable waterway act. This was heavily debated last year with one case on lake Ontario going to supreme court of Canada and ruling was in favor of the fisherman I believe. Check out the YouTube video as well.

I saw a cottage owner at the end of a roadway TP channel kick a fisherman off his grass near the road at the end of the channel....no F'in wonder!
Tires tracks in mud / grass adjacent to road and cigarette butts all over - no respect?
With idiots like that we'll soon see the fences up.

Back