Trolling motor

Jetdog

With your mini kota trolling motor in water and using main motor as your power. Trolling at 3 - 3.5mph. Can use your trolling motor to steer the boat.

yes, it works well especially if you have autopilot.

If your trolling motor has I pilot , then it works great. I have the minnkota terrova, and it works great. The only issue,you would have in steering trolling that fast is, you would have to have your trolling motor speed also set high to keep you on track, and battery life could become an issue.

Main motor will over take the electric in windy conditions , so keep an eye on with way the head unit is facing .

I run mine on setting 5 usually and troll up to 3.2 mph or so. The main may overtake the bow mount if it's going dead strait but once it turns a bit it steers quite effectively, kind of like a bow thruster. Given there is very little load on the bow mount, even a higher RPM's the battery life seems very good.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will keep eye on trolling motor head. What speed do you troll at on Lake Erie for walley?

Depends on the bait too, spoons need to run much faster than worm harnesses usually can.

Back