Tree's

can't miss

Does KCCA harvest trees on there area's? Noticed a KCCA bush lot that appears to be marked for 100's of huge walnut tree's to be harvested? I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but these are 120 ft + trees, 4 + ft dia, in prime condition. Seems sad. Probably 150 or more yrs old? thought they were all about preserving these giants?

Second thoughts, it has to be some sort of tree count or something, no way a conservation authority would be cutting all those giants down??

That does seem odd. As far as i know they only harvest Ash trees and let nature do its thing with everything else. Where is the lot you're referring to? I will ask my father in law...he works for KCCA

It's just north east of their office, probably a mile or so. Again, second thoughts it has to be some sort of tree count?

I don't know about KCCA but most Conservation Authorities regularly log their bushes to generate the cash needed for trail maintenance, etc. I'm not sure whether they pay property tax, but obviously that would be another expense that justifies the logging.

I was in an LPRCA bush this morning, which has been heavily logged. The bush is thick with regeneration and shade-intolerant species, resulting in fabulous wildlife habitat.

generally if marking for logging they will usually have a 2" spray painted dot painted on them about 3-4' above ground and some times a line painted right above ground (indicate they tree was legal size after logging)

the worst thing you can do too a forest is not cut trees down. as long done selectively.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks