Toronto Sportsman Show

Loonietoon

Was at the Sportsman Show today and was Discussed at the Show or ( Flea Market) Only J B's Tackle were there as a Shop and a few small independent tackle makers. Quads and Mostly Hunting Stuff very little in Fishing. Great to get out but waste of money for this show. Another Cancel for next year, No Pure Fishing, Shimano, or other people

Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna go but I heard a lot of shops backed out.

I will save my bucks and just visit my local shops.

Thanks for the G2…

Was at the Sportsman Show today and was Discussed at the Show or ( Flea Market) Only J B's Tackle were there as a Shop and a few small independent tackle makers. Quads and Mostly Hunting Stuff very little in Fishing. Great to get out but waste of money for this show. Another Cancel for next year, No Pure Fishing, Shimano, or other people
Sad to read @Loonietoon myself and @Could get Ugly were thinking of going to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show,and now I am thinking of not going because of your report. Did you watch any of the Fishing,Hunting etc. seminars there at all? Thanks in advance. Either way,we are still likely going to go to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show,and here’s hoping for a good time there at this Show,with no disappointment’s.🤞 👍🙂

Last edited:
No Red l did not stay for any of them as l did plan on a few but l think l was just so discussed that l did not want to waste any more of my time(n)
:mad:

No Red l did not stay for any of them as l did plan on a few but l think l was just so discussed that l did not want to waste any more of my time(n)
:mad:
Thanks for your feedback again @Loonietoon 👊👊 and @Could get Ugly and myself have decided not to go the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show. Therefore,we have saved some gasoline money from London,and the admission fee,etc. Back before the pandemic times,this was such an amazing Show to go to,and it’s too bad that this Show,has gone to the wayside! 👎😒

I was just up in Uxbridge picking up my rocket launchers for my new boat and I heard the sportsman show being advertised on the radio. I was gonna ask on here if anyone had been and if it was worth the drive. Just saved myself 4 hours round trip and a few bucks.

I used to look forward to the Sportsman's Show when it was down at the CNE.

One could spend a complete day wandering around and not see all of it, maybe even two.

Now.............. is that all there is?

I knew/know one of the guys in the Fenwick section who sat building rods with custom thread art and could sit in awe watching his creations.

They changed the dates to March school break which changed the vibe IMHO and it was never the same.

What it has become just doesn't interest me anymore. 🌻

That's not encouraging but already have my tickets so might as well check it out. Hoping to find some deals on a fishfinder

Sorry my opinion is that I enjoy the show, I’m not only a fisherman but a hunter, outdoorsman,
It’s not just a fishing shot but it’s called a sportsman show, sure there was a few things make u wonder why they are there but in all I enjoyed it, lots of things to see plus outfitters mostly for fishing and hunting
Again my opinion

I was also there yesterday and watched the Fish On show with Ron James and the Rapala Rep on the new Power Slide top water bait. I talked to the rep back at their booth and he gave me a 20% off on-line for anything Rapala makes. When home the % off was actually 15% but I ordered some plugs, free shipping and they sent me a reply that my order was shipped and on the way. I also bought a copper turkey from the maker TS Custom Calls, talked to the Excalibur Rep and the Vortex people. Lots of the tv shows were represented, Wild TV, Sportsmans Channel, three from Fish On, three from Fishing Canada Show. MNRF were there with new fishing regs but no Hunting Regs until April sometime??
There were some bad points - We went to the Pizza Pizza location at lunch, stood in line for 20min and the person in front got told no more pizza so we thought we get a hotdog combo only to be told they had run out of hotdogs also. This was first day at 12:30, poor planning. Everything was all over, the boats were in several different location, the outfitters were in two or three different spots. Once noon came it was very hot as the amount of people put temp up and after lunch it was quite crowded. We usually go early and go to far end and work back to the start. It wasnt a Fishing Show it was a Sportmans Show. It was better at the CNE but the location sucked and more traffic all the time. It hasnt been held and last time I was there was 5 or 6 years ago. The people that used to run it have probably long gone and whoever was running it does not how to set it up. I am 73yr young and i will go again in 5 yrs if possible.

Last edited:
I was there yesterday also. It certainly wasnt a fishing show. There were only a couple of the larger stores there and no real deals..Ill take my business local. They had the "no tax" thing but my wife is status cree so no tax anyways. When you tell them that and ask for a real discount its a no go.
A lot of offroad camping stuff for your offroad rigs, atvs, some hunting stores but not a lot. Clothing outlet crap, all the regular gutter cleaning booth stuff. I came ready to buy..bought nothing. I suppose if there was something specific you were looking for, maybe you could make the deal or at least get to see some of the newer stuff. Got some brochures for fishing lodges but other than that, we gave it a 3/10. Fun day out but thats all..

Last edited:
Sadly I think the only way that you can attend a worth while fishing show is to cross the border. As mentioned back in early
January we attended the Ultimate Fishing Show in Novi Michigan ( 6th time in 8 years) and it did not dissapoint. We don't go to save money or get a deal or a bargain, we go because it is well attended by exhibitors and probably 20 booths from the Canadian northern fishing lodges.
We make a day of it and 3 or 4 guys split the costs and enjoy the outing.
Here is an amazing show that my buddy and a few others go every year and stay a few days.

My son and I went yesterday with lower expectations having been to last year's show. Did find it bigger than last year, with more to see. Visited with my trapping instructor at the OFMF booth. Watched a bit of Anthony Dickson's presentation on turkeys. Picked up 4 trolling rods, baitcast reel and a spinning reel. Was looking for 4 line counters as well, but the show price with tax included was 10% more than Bass Pro. Having a bunch of gift cards, off to Vaughan we went. Ended up getting a deal their, buying a couple demo models.
I was disappointed with the cooking booth however. I was looking for a new Walleye recipe. Want to expand on the old standbys of fillets, cheeks and wings with the new "fillet wrapped weights". If you remove the stomach intact, I was wondering if it would be similar to Haggis, albeit a little "heavier".

Last edited:
Back