Off Topic To tip or not to tip

Minnownite

Worm harness obviously you put a worm in it. That's how it works lol. But my question is do you tip your spoons with a worm? Or even your body baits? Hook a worm through the trebles? Rippling Redfin or husky jerks?

My opinion is if it don't mess with the action it'll do more help vs damage. What do y'all think?

You will get many opinions on tipping with worms so I can only give you mine. I think the junk fish love worms more than the walleye do and I hate wasting time collecting junk trying to get to the walleye. I find for myself anyway I don't need worms on my lures for success. :)

If the day starts to get tough I’ll tip my spoons and usually it helps. Or else as Wave Runner said, it catches the junk fish that you usually want to avoid

i've always had success tipping my riplins with a worm when things are slow going...

I would never tip a rippling red fin or spoon but, I will run a single hook worm harness with a jig tail and worm. I ve had huge sucesses on Rice lake with that setup and jig tail colour can sometime be the difference. Tried it on Erie and it works as well. White ,Black and Chartreuse are my go to's for jig tail colour. with a single silver spinner.

Everybody on this forum should tip every hook on every lure with worms, two per hook if at all possible. With any luck, that will attract all the junk fish so they don't come bothering me with my un-tipped baits!:)

Funny thing is last weekend while out with Horty we ran worm harness and ripplin redfin s.......all the junk fish (3) got caught on ripplin redfin while worms only caught walleye lol

I always tip any body baits that will run with a worm, only use a quarter of a worm each time. Seems to work for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks