Time to swap out your boat for a Canoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingViking

Just now, on CBC, Adam Van-Koeverden (federal minister) said he had a call from an outdoorsman/fisherman who had concerns about fuels and fuel taxes on his aluminum fishing boat and an inability to tow a fishing boat to remote places with an EV or “taking forever” to with reduced mileage.

He told him (and the cbc) that everyone can fish from a Canoe. I kid you not.

Well, we gonna save money on repairs and seafoam I guess!

I was thinking about boating today after reading the post with ethanol fuel mentioned. I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but my thought was this. By going the EV route, ending fossil fuel production and ethanol in the gas, it's only a matter of time until our recreational boating will be a past time. Just a thought that occured. I debated selling my canoe last year but decided not to as I still like to use it. So I will definitely keep it along with our two kayaks.

I was thinking about boating today after reading the post with ethanol fuel mentioned. I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but my thought was this. By going the EV route, ending fossil fuel production and ethanol in the gas, it's only a matter of time until our recreational boating will be a past time. Just a thought that occured. I debated selling my canoe last year but decided not to as I still like to use it. So I will definitely keep it along with our two kayaks.
It's not a conspiracy theory if it is a fact... I do the same thing sometimes but I think we need to stop using liberal propaganda to disagree with liberal ideas. The radical new green religion in a mater of time will fall apart.

… you mean this Adam guy likes paddling ?! He’s a former Olympian… and probably a bit of a wise ass

View attachment 85150
… you mean this Adam guy likes paddling ?! He’s a former Olympian… and probably a bit of a wise ass

View attachment 85150
that’s the guy. When I lived in an exec-townhouse in Mississauga, a guy moved in next door. He was part of the 2-man Olympic rowing team. No job, just rowing. He bragged about clearing 600k per year in endorsements.

I don’t care what anyone makes but jeeez. Don’t tell me to sell my passion-boat and lifestyle and buy a canoe and tax me for my lifestyle (environmentalist) and passions. That was a smack in the face to anyone who enjoys the outdoors and protects it. And I don’t like canoes

As all of you do…. If I see garbage at the side of a river… I pick it up.. I take it home. Garbage wherever, I pick it up and take it home and dispose of it. I’m a fisherman, and an outdoorsman. Thats how we live

Gonna be a looong day to hit 62 FOW in a canoe out of burwell.

I emailed ofah to highlight this insanity and direction to his comments. Check out today’s cbc interview and maybe email the ofah as well.

Or, pick out a canoe

Last edited:
that’s the guy. When I lived in an exec-townhouse in Mississauga, a guy moved in next door. He was part of the 2-man Olympic rowing team. No job, just rowing. He bragged about clearing 600k per year in endorsements.

I don’t care what anyone makes but jeeez. Don’t tell me to sell my passion-boat and lifestyle and buy a canoe and tax me for my lifestyle (environmentalist) and passions. That was a smack in the face to anyone who enjoys the outdoors and protects it. And I don’t like canoes

As all of you do…. If I see garbage at the side of a river… I pick it up.. I take it home. Garbage wherever, I pick it up and take it home and dispose of it. I’m a fisherman, and an outdoorsman. Thats how we live

Gonna be a looong day to hit 62 FOW in a canoe out of burwell.

I emailed ofah to highlight this insanity and direction to his comments. Check out today’s cbc interview and maybe email the ofah as well.

Or, pick out a canoe
How fast can you troll with a canoe when the hunt for walleye is on? Asking for a friend.

How fast can you troll with a canoe when the hunt for walleye is on? Asking for a friend.
Google says over “ Going downstream with an unloaded boat, an experienced paddlet can do 3 mph “.

7 miles to get out there ..

Gonna need to work on your upper strength.

Just now, on CBC, Adam Van-Koeverden (federal minister) said he had a call from an outdoorsman/fisherman who had concerns about fuels and fuel taxes on his aluminum fishing boat and an inability to tow a fishing boat to remote places with an EV or “taking forever” to with reduced mileage.

He told him (and the cbc) that everyone can fish from a Canoe. I kid you not.

Well, we gonna save money on repairs and seafoam I guess!
I can't seem to find a clip of this ..can anyone throw me a bone?

The environment minister is a radical environmentalist - he is also the one that talked about the federal government not providing road funding. We don't need to worry as there are now electric boat motors. Imagine finding out it doesn't work as well in the middle of the lake, as some car owners have. And how are we going to convert existing boats? I also don't think that anyone has taken into consideration the capability of the grid to take the extra power draw in remote areas. Or, how can remote camps power their boats? People with no idea of reality of life in rural areas are making these decisions and forcing on us.

Always a bunch of elitists making decisions about stuff they know nothing about.

Always a bunch of elitists making decisions about stuff they know nothing about.
Yes you are correct on the part they want to make decisions for everyone else , but you are wrong they don't know nothing about it
They do know ! but their view is all that is for them only simply because they are the so called elite and not for the rest of the population

I just watched the canoe clip. Blows my mind.

Dr. David Suzuki needs to take a break from zooming from engagement to engagement in his carbon spewing private jet and show me any.....ANY scientific evidence that carbon taxes have an impact on climate change. In 1973 we were taught we were all going to freeze to death in the coming ice age. In 1989 Al Gore and his UN buddies said we would be losing entire nations to rising sea levels by 2000 if we didn't immediately change our ways. I need a list of those lost nations.

I'm as much about clean water and blue skies and healthy ecosystems as any other outdoors person. But the climate change community continue to lose credibility with the doomsday scenarios, always with a drop dead date that comes and goes with a new red line drawn every few years. Im now convinced the whole concept is a UN sanctioned global welfare scheme designed to drain the West financially until we are all on an equally miserable global footing. Because "its fair"

If we really want to stop emissions, lets put more focus and pressure on India and China. I lived and travelled extensively in China for 3 years. Its a toxic shithole. It is not getting better. There is no blue sky nor any clean water. India is no better and I've seen that with my own eyes as well.
Canada and the USA have greatly cleaned up their act. Sure we can do more, and we should. And we are.

Its scary what a collection of true believers these idiots have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks