Thursday July 12th

rockin-steelhead

Took a buddy and his 10 year old son out Thursday late afternoon/evening out of Burwell. We headed out to around 48 fow and got set up. We did not move a rod for about the first hour and a half or so. We were marking lots of fish but no takers. We had dipsy's out, lead core and riggers. Finally we started to pick away at fish here and there. We lost a nice monster behind the boat that was at least 10lbs plus and it was a blast watching and listening to the 10 year old reeling in the fish. We did manage one around 8lbs, the smile says it all. All in all a great day on the water for the first trip to Erie in a couple years.

Attachments

• Carter.jpg
    Carter.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Dad and Carter.jpg
    Dad and Carter.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 50
Your kids smile says it all. I found my experience with riggers on Erie isn't the best unless you trip your lines occasionally and let the bait work its way up thru the water column. It does get tiring but works plus you get to check the bait more often. I was out yesterday as well, 16 fish in total. Half the fish came off the riggers with most being taken after tripping the release. It must trigger a pursuit and bite effect on the fish.

Back