Thurs. Maitland Report

Fish Farmer

Was a slow day for us, ended the day with only 5 Walleye and maybe 20 Silvers, bugs were unbelievable.
We fished same area as last trips, didn't get our first fish till 11am.
Started out with fog that you couldn't see 100' infront of you, was a slow ride out to our spot.

Other buddy that was out in his boat got 2 nice ones

We ended up with two nice ones as well, combined few silvers. I hate to admit it though, the flies were so bad we left the water after only 1 1/2 hr of fishing, we have never done that before. It was more because the flies were biting rather than just gathering in the boat. The fish were exactly where we found them last Saturday, what changed for us was slowing things down and using worm harnesses. Too bad we couldn't stay longer.....any ideas on those flies, even the higher deet content repellant didn’t help.

Only boated 1 nice 30" 8.5 pounder at Nanticoke yesterday. Harness close to bottom in 105' of water. Bugs weren't as bad as Tuesday. What was strange was the strong current on the surface. If I wasn't paying attention the boat would swing madly. I have never seen that before with zero wind.

Good to here they still there....ya dam bugs chased me out couple weeks ago...10 to 15 k winds from the south on sat..little pic chop...and should keep bugs away

JD you will sometimes get that current when thunderstorms are in the area or imminent. I have seen those gas well stakes heeling hard over to 45 degrees and even get drawn under sometimes with the current. A day or two later you'll get big bogs of weed beds floating around out there, torn up from the bottom before or after a series of thunderstorms. (Nanticoke Salad Bars)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks