The Original Duck Hunters

canvasbacksca

Some absolutely amazing footage of falcons and eagles hunting Mallards in Alberta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-FZdIrKyBk&feature=youtu.be

Ya the new regs come into play soon. But the one year apprenticeship puts quite the limit on falconeering. Plus the time req'd to train and trap.

Apparently there was an ongoing show this past January and February off the Causeway with the Coots providing the meals . At one time someone said the counted 13 eagles and someone else saw a Snowy Owl also indulging in the serve yourself buffet the Coots provided.

Hello Sonny,

I saw 7 or 8 eagles at one time with one of them picking away at a carcass on the ice. I also saw one eagle attack a coot but the coot dove at the last second ... what a sight!

The remaining 200 or so coots did not seem too troubled by the experience ... not too bright I guess!

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks