The London Boat Fishing & Outdoor Show….has been Cancelled! 😞

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I spent some time yesterday morning @Xtreme Marine IMG_2703.jpegand checking out their fishing lure’s IMG_2704.jpegand tackle,etc.,as well. Afterwards, I ended up talking to Rob the owner there @Xtreme Marine about me perhaps selling my 2007 Lund Pro-V 18.5 foot Tiller boat. I asked Rob as well while I was there,if he will be one of the boat vendor’s this year,at the London Boat Fishing & Outdoor Show,from February 23rd,24th,and 25th,like he has been doing so for many year’s before? ( before Covid hit ). Rob told me that this years Show has been cancelled, I thought to myself,where will I spend my money on fishing tackle,etc., this year,NOW!! 🥹 lol 😂 😉 It was sad to hear this about the London Boat Fishing & Outdoor Show being cancelled,( even though their website says that this Show is still on!! ). It was always a great time at this show,and other friends of mine thought so as well. WELL!! Thank goodness,that there are 2 other Shows happening this month,( to break up the Cabin Fever,for me at least anyways), due to the lack of no ice again on long point bay,to do some ice fishing there this year. The first Show is the: Port Rowan Fishing and Hunting Show/Yard Sale, on Saturday,February 10,2024 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Port Rowan Community Centre 11 College Ave. Entry Fee is $4.00 The other Show is the: Aylmer Fishing and Hunting Show Saturday,February 24,2024, at 58 Beach Street,Aylmer from 8 a.m. till 1 p.m. Entry Fee: $4.00 and the Aylmer Show will be Hosted again by @tailfeathers and @Reel Therapy plus volunteer’s,etc. Both of these Show’s should be a fantastic time,with plenty of vendor’s there! 👍👍 Don’t forget your wallet’s / purse’s,etc.!! Some of the money from these Show’s, will be going also for a good cause! 👍 Last photo from Fanshawe Lake from yesterday,while I was enjoying a hike 🥾 🥾 and the sunshine from there. Enjoy this great sunshine that we are having again today, & Tight lines and Fish ON!! to All!! in 2024!! 🚤 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Red you buying another boat if you sell that one?
I am thinking of downsizing @Tyler0420 something with lower maintenance,such as no brakes on the boat trailer. The maintenance on my outboard motor’s,and the hydraulic surge brakes on my boat trailer is upsetting me too much!! Too much money 💰 I have paid out in the last couple of years!! Higher boat insurance as well on my boat,compared to likely not as expensive insurance for a smaller boat. Maybe around 16 feet long,straight aluminum boat,without all of the “Bells & Whistles!” I am thinking of perhaps buying next. It likely won’t be good for the Great Lakes,( only on calm days). But, I have around 8 different boater’s asking me over the past few year’s to join them on their bigger boat’s out on Lake Erie for walleye’s,so I thought,maybe this could be the way I should be going! I will
decide by April on what I should do,sell my bost that I have now,or downsize for another smaller boat. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

I am thinking of downsizing @Tyler0420 something with lower maintenance,such as no brakes on the boat trailer. The maintenance on my outboard motor’s,and the hydraulic surge brakes on my boat trailer is upsetting me too much!! Too much money 💰 I have paid out in the last couple of years!! Higher boat insurance as well on my boat,compared to likely not as expensive insurance for a smaller boat. Maybe around 16 feet long,straight aluminum boat,without all of the “Bells & Whistles!” I am thinking of perhaps buying next. It likely won’t be good for the Great Lakes,( only on calm days). But, I have around 8 different boater’s asking me over the past few year’s to join them on their bigger boat’s out on Lake Erie for walleye’s,so I thought,maybe this could be the way I should be going! I will
decide by April on what I should do,sell my bost that I have now,or downsize for another smaller boat. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
Downsizing? You must be getting old lol
No boat means more kayak time :)

Downsizing? You must be getting old lol
No boat means more kayak time :)
lol 😂 & For sure @Tyler0420 about me getting old!! I will be 69 this April!! 😉👍 I definitely 👍 love ❤️ my kayak/canoe hybrid that I have as well. I use it on some inland lake’s for fishing,when some larger lake’s such as Lake Erie,Huron etc., are blowing big waves 🌊 🌊🚤
View attachment IMG_5109.mov

Attachments

• IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5101.jpeg
    IMG_5101.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
There is also the Woodstock show March 3rd
@rockin-steelhead I just checked out the Woodstock Show website,and I have never heard of this show before. It looks like a great Show to attend,and for me to take the drive there from London to Woodstock to have a look! Thanks for sharing the Woodstock show information,which is very much appreciated! 👍🙂

Think it’s the first time the show is being held in Woodstock and looks like a lot of vendors etc. I’m going to check it out for sure
That’s what I thought as well @rockin-steelhead for I have never heard of this show either before. Like yourself, I will be checking the Woodstock show out also,lots of vendor’s,and with seminars listed on their website. But, I didn’t notice if @ANGLING OUTFITTERS if they are at the Woodstock Show,but then again,Joselyn the owner from @ANGLING OUTFITTERS,usually has an open house there at his store sometime in April of each year. 👍🙂

Last edited:
lol 😂 & For sure @Tyler0420 about me getting old!! I will be 69 this April!! 😉👍 I definitely 👍 love ❤️ my kayak/canoe hybrid that I have as well. I use it on some inland lake’s for fishing,when some larger lake’s such as Lake Erie,Huron etc., are blowing big waves 🌊 🌊🚤
View attachment 84039
Your not old Red. I turned 69 last December 28th so I am 4 months older than you.

I will
If you like the tiller boats and want to downsize, take a look at the Starcraft Freedom line. I just went from an 18 foot Starcraft Superfisherman to a 16 foot Freedom tiller. The specs on the boat are 16’10” length and 89 inches wide. The package weighs roughly 2K pounds. My SUV doesn’t even know it’s back there. Marshes Marine sells them packaged with a Suzuki. The 16 is rated for a 75hp tiller max. You may have to special order if you want something that’s not duck sh!$t brown. They sell the 18’s in silver, but most of the 16’s are marsh brown. Real nice boat.

You've likely shopped a bit to see whats on the market, but if you havnt hold onto your seat cause the sticker shock is brutal!
A new Starcraft Freedom 16' tiller with 60hp Yamaha is around the $32K ..with taxes and freight/PDI around $37500K...WHOAHHHHHHH
This was the sticker shock I got at the T.O boat show that I posted earlier. You need $40K just to get into the game. Good news is...your Lund will sell fast if you decide to sell.

You've likely shopped a bit to see whats on the market, but if you havnt hold onto your seat cause the sticker shock is brutal!
A new Starcraft Freedom 16' tiller with 60hp Yamaha is around the $32K ..with taxes and freight/PDI around $37500K...WHOAHHHHHHH
This was the sticker shock I got at the T.O boat show that I posted earlier. You need $40K just to get into the game. Good news is...your Lund will sell fast if you decide to sell.
Good information to know @DaveJ 👍 about the price of a 16’ tiller boat like that and thanks. 👍🙂

Crazy pricing. I bought mine out of Ohio and imported. 2019 model, saved a huge amount compared to Canadian pricing. Even with exchange. Deals to be had for those willing to travel.

Crazy pricing. I bought mine out of Ohio and imported. 2019 model, saved a huge amount compared to Canadian pricing. Even with exchange. Deals to be had for those willing to travel.
That's definitely the truth, been searching the US market for a new to me Ranger 621FS and there are definitely some much better deals on that side of the border for sure

That's definitely the truth, been searching the US market for a new to me Ranger 621FS and there are definitely some much better deals on that side of the border for sure
Absolutely. Thats where my Trophy Pro came from. It was at a dealership in Florida that had initially sold the boat to its present owners..a one owner boat..and they dry docked it, serviced it, knew its entire history right down to the hours in the water and every hose clamp ever replaced. When the old boy died, the dealership purchased it from his wife as the boat was in mint condition. The USA was struggling financially then and boat dealerships couldnt move new stock, so I was able to get the boat at a very reasonable price. I had it brought to the border by a transport firm at Pt.Huron where I had all the import paperwork ready for the customs people. Super easy. I did the same thing a number of years back with a 5th wheel trailer under the same circumstances. It just depends on the Can dollar to determine if its worth it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks