The Elbow-July 6th evening

Bushy

Hit the Elbow for the first time this year and had some success. 2 rainbow, a brown and a pickerel. 2 were caught on a Watermelon NK and the other 2 on a green and silver NK. Beauty night, and glad the fish cooperated. Fish were caught between 62 and 72 feet of water. Hope to get out again soon!

Attachments

• Fish.jpg
    Fish.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 128
Great shot and a brown to boot; the smartest fish in the swim according to Darryl Choronzey. Those stacks in the background bring back some good memories. Tricky Dick... Tricky Dick...

I read your exc site all the time -- first time replying --but when I saw Tricky Dick couldn't stop smiling -- congrats on a great Elbow fish --been a few yrs since I've been there

Tricky Dick... lol...

nice to see some fish coming from the east side...

Stomp; here are a few names from the past that should bring back memories from the late 80's and early 90's................ Somedays it looked like the 401 out there.

Oar Master, Pike Man, Charlie Potatoes, Lawyer, Crow, No Oakes, Caviar, Highliner, Rob Mar, Young One, Rain Dancer, Osprey, Cow Patty, TNT, Canvasback,

One quick story from the 80's -- had a Labatt's charter one day out of Hoover's --I split the group between 2 boats -- we were to depart at 1pm --the organizer said to me "We only have 2 hrs --need to be in Port Dover before 4" Holy poop! --I ran over to the other boat and said to Norm Kruk [a terrific person and guide--now deceased] " Normie, we only have 2 hrs let's start at the 1st green channel buoy out of Hoover's and troll out to last green channel buoy if time allows" Both boats were back at 3 sharp with 22 walleye and 3 rainbows on board -all big fish

Stomp; here are a few names from the past that should bring back memories from the late 80's and early 90's................ Somedays it looked like the 401 out there.

Oar Master, Pike Man, Charlie Potatoes, Lawyer, Crow, No Oakes, Caviar, Highliner, Rob Mar, Young One, Rain Dancer, Osprey, Cow Patty, TNT, Canvasback,
Yes, I think I heard all those names called back in the day:) ... also remember Grampa Taz, Intrepid, WW, Soggy 1, 6-4-9, Sheila B, Jig Man and , of course, Duck Soup. Can't, for the life of me, remember the name or the handle of the LPBAA founder, but he was a regular out there too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks