Off Topic Thank you Walter

Went alone out of Port Maitland for trolling on Sept. 25. Got a bite that took my lure away. Put another lure on the seat beside me then started looking for something else, then after an inadvertent swing of arm this hook ended up in my finger. Did my best to get the pointing end come out of the skin but that's all that could be done with the non dominant right hand. Decided to seek help from boats near me. The guy on the first boat I went to was hesitant for a few seconds, then after his female partner said something he said "I did not want to get involved in this". "Fine, I will go to another boat". Fortunately I did not have to go to the third boat. Without hesitation the two gentlemen (both named "Walter" )got the hook out for me, impressive (and lucky me) they had a variety of tools like wire cutters on the boat. Really appreciate the help and I will definitely give a hand to others when mishaps happen. Thank you Walter!

Attachments

• 20200925_134145.jpg
    20200925_134145.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 138
Ouch @killerwhale! I got one just like that earlier this season when I was having trouble getting a lure out that a walleye had deep so gave it a super yank with the pliers burying it in my finger. The second hook then buried in the hard part around the mouth so was wondering how to get it out with a 4 lb. fish attached. He solved the problem for me with a big flip that yanked it right back out but not nicely I might add. Had to get the medical kit out as I was bleeding more than the walleye bleeding out in the live well with both their gills and throat slit. :inpain:

Everyone who fishes should learn this. My doctor told me about it and I have used it more than once. It is painless quick and leave very little damage to the flesh - unlike the alternatives. Once buried a mag spoon treble in the palm of my hand -I know, super smart,eh. My 12 year old son removed it with me talking him through it in less than 5 minutes and we carried on with our day. A bit of antiseptic and band-aid and we were golden

Ouch, that just ruined my evening.
Hope all turned out ok.

My son has a Reef Runner glued to a picture of himself.

The reason........... I surgically removed it from his leg while out on Lake of Bays a couple of years back.

It never saw water again. Me? I would have just put another treble back on it and put it back in the tackle box. LOL

My son has a Reef Runner glued to a picture of himself.

The reason........... I surgically removed it from his leg while out on Lake of Bays a couple of years back.

It never saw water again. Me? I would have just put another treble back on it and put it back in the tackle box. LOL
Bad luck lure, I think he did the right thing lol

Went alone out of Port Maitland for trolling on Sept. 25. Got a bite that took my lure away. Put another lure on the seat beside me then started looking for something else, then after an inadvertent swing of arm this hook ended up in my finger. Did my best to get the pointing end come out of the skin but that's all that could be done with the non dominant right hand. Decided to seek help from boats near me. The guy on the first boat I went to was hesitant for a few seconds, then after his female partner said something he said "I did not want to get involved in this". "Fine, I will go to another boat". Fortunately I did not have to go to the third boat. Without hesitation the two gentlemen (both named "Walter" )got the hook out for me, impressive (and lucky me) they had a variety of tools like wire cutters on the boat. Really appreciate the help and I will definitely give a hand to others when mishaps happen. Thank you Walter!
Ouch!!!! Glad there are still fellow anglers out there willing to assist. Be sure to keep the wound clean to prevent infection.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks