Thames River Walleye question

Highly unlikely that any eyes would get over the Thamesford dam.
Nowhere did I say Walleye make it above Thamesford dam. They dont make it past Labatts.

And FYI the transfers into Fanshawe never seemed to do much good. The population finally took hold as a result of large plants of hatchery raised fingerlings.

Josh

@Wave Runner and @Derkd9 ... I walked right by that spot a couple of weeks ago and noticed some people there with a rod and net. I thought they may have been...
Cuckoo I Feel Crazy GIF by arbeiterkammer

There were also people stopped on the bridge gawking, so we didn't stop to check it out due to social distancing recommendations. Maybe we will get some exercise down there soon to see if the fish are still in Londontown.

Yep I have caught pickerel both above an below Fanshaw dam. Also some small mouth sunfish but no large mouth sunfish. And a few silver bass.

View attachment 20210116_111526.mp4
Ok... the shad are still in @ Londontown. The ditch draining into the Thames that is holding them is just upstream from Blackfriars Bridge. The water level is lower now and most fish are between the TVP walkway bridge and the river. Some old fart (@packrat ?) was fishing the mouth. I did not have a meat thermometer with me to check the thermocline.

View attachment 20210116_111438.mp4

Last edited:
View attachment 36193
Ok... the shad are still in @ Londontown. The ditch draining into the Thames that is holding them is just upstream from Blackfriars Bridge. The water level is lower now and most fish are between the TVP walkway bridge and the river. Some old fart (@packrat ?) was fishing the mouth. I did not have a meat thermometer with me to check the thermocline.

View attachment 36192
Here’s hoping @stomp that the Thames River walleye run will look this good as well!! lol 😆😉🎣👍🙂

Attachments

• 46682E08-6544-4DC7-B942-E98E96BE6358.jpeg
    46682E08-6544-4DC7-B942-E98E96BE6358.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 20
Here’s hoping @stomp that the Thames River walleye run will look this good as well!! lol 😆😉🎣👍🙂
Yeah @Red Hering , I would love to see walleye stacked up like that. I only saw the one guy at this spot fishing. I saw no one else fishing from Western University down to Blackfriars.

Need to brush up on my skillz...

Yeah @Red Hering , I would love to see walleye stacked up like that. I only saw the one guy at this spot fishing. I saw no one else fishing from Western University down to Blackfriars.

Need to brush up on my skillz...
Thanks @stomp for sharing this article from the Angling Buzz. 😉👍 I wonder if the shads taste like walleye’s?? Likely NOT!! 🤢 LoL 😝

I am doubtful we will get on any safe ice at Fanshawe this year @Red Hering since it has been mild like last year. It was March of 19 when we last fished the dam together...... on a positive note, there are a few inland ponds with almost safe ice so it looks like with the new covid traveling rules, we will have to fish the bay of empty (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_1400300.jpg
    IMG_20190309_1400300.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190309_0735165.jpg
    IMG_20190309_0735165.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190309_0922243.jpg
    IMG_20190309_0922243.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 26
I am doubtful we will get on any safe ice at Fanshawe this year @Red Hering since it has been mild like last year. It was March of 19 when we last fished the dam together...... on a positive note, there are a few inland ponds with almost safe ice so it looks like with the new covid traveling rules, we will have to fish the bay of empty (y)
Great photo’s & memories from that day @Extra Virgin with you and @Dmanwithnoname on Fanshawe Lake behind Fanshawe Dam back in March,2019.Yes,it looks like that the inland pond’s might be the way to go this winter for ice fishing.In the meantime,I will keep on fishing the Thames River for walleye’s,since the river has remained wide open as of now,due to the mild winter that we are having so far.Tight lines & hopefully inland ice fishing coming up once the ice becomes safe. 🎣🐟👍🙂

Shad die off.....it's just what they do. Every year people get wound up about it but it's quite normal.

Yup, I can remember being down at Ashbridges Bay for some OVA Beach Volleyball and the West parking lot smelled absolutely vile. It was a massive Shad die off and the resulting decay in the heat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks