Tell ya kids, tell ya wife, I'm looking for a west-coast style boat...

sterlingz

Hi folks,

After some much appreciated advice in this thread I have decided that a west-coast style boat is for me.

My first question to you guys is; what boats fit the bill? Here's my list so far;

1. Harbercraft / Kingfisher (various)
2. Hewescraft (various)
3. Stanley (various)
4. Smokercraft American Angler series
5. ???

Secondly, does anyone know someone looking to sell such a boat?

Budget is abgout 25k, ideally I'm looking for a 17-17.5 footer!

Thanks al;!

Last edited:
fall is the best time to buy a used boat for good value/buyers market...private sales are best price..just make sure you check it out top to bottom, run the engine and water test the hull...

Thunderjets are pretty sweet as well but your 10k or more underfunded. I've been looking since summer and if you see 1 jump or its gone

Hi folks,

After some much appreciated advice in this thread I have decided that a west-coast style boat is for me.

My first question to you guys is; what boats fit the bill? Here's my list so far;

1. Harbercraft / Kingfisher (various)
2. Hewescraft (various)
3. Stanley (various)
4. Smokercraft American Angler series
5. ???

Secondly, does anyone know someone looking to sell such a boat?

Budget is abgout 25k, ideally I'm looking for a 17-17.5 footer!

Thanks al;!

Check out Crestliner Commanders at Xtreme Marine!

If you fish Erie a 17ft tin boat don't make much sense to me ,go BIG or stay home.YOLO.

Thanks everyone! Some great advice here and some makes that weren't on my radar.

If you fish Erie a 17ft tin boat don't make much sense to me ,go BIG or stay home.YOLO.

Agreed, I only fish Erie on the rare occasion. I fish Nipissing mostly. I tow the boat down to Erie if the weather's looking nice during the family cottage weekends.

Back