Tackle boxes

Toby10

Hey gang,

What's everyone using for tackle boxes? Aside from the special Mate boxes which I have just ordered. I'm looking for something like a Plano Pro series.

Thoughts

TIA

Plano Guide Series 3700XL

it’s on amazon if can’t get it from your favourite tackle shops

Mate boxes for spoons, a Cabelas magnum tackle bag for body baits...it holds 10 large plano boxes

plano 3700 series stow aways....BPS makes the equivalent for a cheaper price and they seem to be as good. My boat has compartments to stow them in so no need to drag a tackle box in and out

I like the crankbait boxes from Amish outfitters 14 cranks 7 per side neat and compact.

- 1 Plano XXL for about 60-70 spoons (mostly Lake Ontario)
- 1 Plano XXL 4x Church Planers (I cut the foam to match the shapes) + another 30 spoons (mostly Lake Erie)
- Plano angled 3771 (thin) for cranks and RRFs
- Plano 3771 (thin) for small things such as rig components, snaps, swivels, etc
- Another taller Plano 3700 for the rest of the trolling stuff, i.e. bottom bouncers, trolling sinker weights, cowbells, dodgers and flashers, etc

I suspect a few years from now there will be more in that list :)

i use a mate box for my spoons (might need a second one soon), smaller bag for all of my dipsys and one of those "tube" cases (pre-strung leaders) etc.

for all of my other gear i picked up one of those huge yellow bass pro bags. It holds 10-15 or so different sized 3700 plano cases (single height) plus a few buzz-bait cases as well. i've actually picked up another BP bag and have started filling it too.

The only tackle box I use is the 8" Special Mate (Body or Spoon) which holds more than enough of both for any day's fishing. I also use 1 large Plano box just for Dipsys, spare fluorocarbon and terminal tackle only. Saves all the clutter and tripping over a dozen boxes filled with countless lures half of which never see the water. ;):)

The only tackle box I use is the 8" Special Mate (Body or Spoon) which holds more than enough of both for any day's fishing. I also use 1 large Plano box just for Dipsys, spare fluorocarbon and terminal tackle only. Saves all the clutter and tripping over a dozen boxes filled with countless lures half of which never see the water. ;):)

I cant do it Wave Runner. I'm waiting for the day when I log on to this forum and see "walleyes are smashing rusted Williams Wobblers". Ya I'll need a tetanus shot using it but when that day comes, I'll be ready!!!!

3700 series Plano and Bass Pro boxes for me. A few of the deep cases for musky baits and bags of plastic baits. I use the medium size 31 totes to carry them.

I just ordered this one on Amazon, last night. Should keep all my stuff organized.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200810-144634_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-144634_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 81
I love the Plano Elite series for my body baits, all the compartments are angled to nest the hooks down out of the way (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_2244090.jpg
    IMG_20200529_2244090.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200529_2244307.jpg
    IMG_20200529_2244307.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 77
There is a new box out called the SpoonCrank box.
super compact. Has partitions that you can add or remove to divide between your favorite spoons and cranks. Smaller, more compact and universal than the Special mate boxes.

super compact. Has partitions that you can add or remove to divide between your favorite spoons and cranks. Smaller, more compact and universal than the Special mate boxes.
Yes they are more compact but don't forget they only hold 50 crank baits or spoons or combination of both. The Special Mate crank/spoon box I have holds 120 cranks or combination of both so of course is larger in size. The Spoon Crank Box is made especially for space challenged boats where space is limited and though holds far less the price is equal to the Special Mate. They really just copied the Special Mate only making it smaller. So unless I'm in a canoe I'll stick with it. After owning so many different tackle boxes I really haven't seen a better box than the Special Mate, at least for my needs. 🙂

I will look a bit closer at the mate. But if i use more than 50 spoons or cranks in a single outing i would be having way bigger issues! Lol
And if i had a 30’ boat it would end up space issues as well.
The spoon/crank box will hold 90 spoons but for every divider you put in for cranks it reduces the overall #. I dont think i could get a special mate in a compartment on my boat though and that one I might be able to.

m burr said:

HI , do you know by chance if its sold in Canada anywhere? I have a special mate for lake O but would like a smaller box for Erie and maybe one more for GB :)
The SpoonCrank was out of stock due to covid a couple weeks ago. Now they seem to sell it on line, but.
They want $55 US for the box and then $65 for shipping to Ontario. Kinda too much :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks