Sunday Evening Port Bruce

bkerr

Went out last night for a shakedown run with the new kicker. Someone on this forum, (forget who) recommended the Evinrude 15HO with 15amp charging circuit when I asked for some recommendations last summer. Anyway I bought one from Advanced Marine at Belwood Lake, and took it out for the first time last night. Spent the day making a bracket to link up to my main motor for steering, getting it all hooked up, washing the winter mouse turds out of the nooks and crannies. Headed out with my next door neighbour to Pt Bruce and got on the water about 5:30PM. Pretty bumpy heading out along the pier, but settled down out in the lake. Managed to land 9 nice walleye, 2 silver bass, lost 4 fish, one was a break off and lost a dipsey and spoon. 2 dipseys, 2 lead core. One eye off a silver and blue RRF, all the rest off Nascar, Piston Cup, Greasy Chicken Wing and Blueberry Muffin. Most hits came off lead core. Did not mark fish in water column, all were 5-8 feet off bottom in 35-45 FOW. Ran between 5 and 8 colors mostly.
Motor works great (insert Tim the Toolman Taylor laugh here). Electric Start, electric tilt, electronic rpm nudge to fine tune trolling speed, quiet, sips gas. I'm in love!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks