summer to forget

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Must be punishment for moving out west. Riding my Honda on July 12th from Mundare Alberta to Edmonton when I slowed down from 100k to 70 k to obey the law. Pulled out to pass a slow moving truck and when I went to pull back into the curb lane my steering locked in the left position. The road was making a bend to the right but my bike was locked going left. I seen the median (concrete) approaching fast and thought Oh shit this is going to hurt. I was released from the hospital yesterday with a broken left hip, left shoulder(3 places) and the possibility of more surgery to the hip and shoulder in 6 weeks. Yea I know I should have stayed home and run the charters. I have never seen a fish break any bones.

Sorry to hear @scrimmy . Hope you heal up quickly and thoroughly.

I've missed hearing from you and your reports from Pt. Glasgow.

Take care!

wow its been a hell of a summer is a understatement scrimmy, take care and hope the future surgery is not needed.

I haven't posted here for a while @scrimmy but need to tell you I hope you heal and heal well. And I too miss your reports man. One reason I put my bike away a long, long time ago. Plus my ex wouldn't let me wear my colours to family picnics. Forget the bike, come back east and get that Walleye killer rig back in this lake. You just get better, you haven't had much, should say any luck out there. PM being sent.

Sorry to hear about your bike accident thats scary stuff.Glad you are okay heres hoping for a speedy recovery.

I feel your pain, Scrimmy. 3 years ago, I broke my ankle and fibula in a baseball mishap and missed All of June-August fishing.
Heal up and get back out for ice fishing! :)
CF

I am sorry and feel for you Scrimmy. In the last 4 months I have had right hip surgery and serious spinal surgery. I am recovering slowly and hopefully can fish next summer. Heal well as it is a slow process and I hope no extra surgery is need for you. You never know how important health is until you are laid up.

...and here I was feeling sorry for myself for having had sciatica for the last 6 months... you take care too @Bent Pole... hopefully only the fishing pole will be bent next summer

As some one that has had decompression fussion on my lower back 5 disc,s then a total left hip replacement i can feel for you bent pole and scrimmy .....its a long hard road to get back into the swing of (normal life) and work again ! . take your time dont over do it while healing up and take your physical therapy seriously as it will greatly help you in the future ;)

back surgery... hope it's working for you and your, ahem, swinging life :ROFLMAO:@lifesabeech ...

the surgery might be in my future... probably not the lifestyle (and by lifestyle, I mean pier fishing):troll:

Stomp try everything you can before the surgery !!! there are alott of things i just cant do anymore (since surgery) like working i retired at 48 years old and NOT by my choice, i worked at the same place for over 30 years. I still go in for eppidurals (2) every four months and the pain meds start to ware on your soul after a while :zombie:
when asked about it .....only as a last resort :inpain:

Thx @lifesabeech ... currently, pretty much painfree. Can't swing a golf club, but wasn't that good anyway and have to pick and choose my days out on the lake. I guess I can live with those limitations.

Stomp if you would like to know ....there are exercises stretches that will open the space between the disc,s in you back (OH DAMN that feels better):D if you dont know them i can give you a few pointers ;) in the right direction

for the original poster again i am GLAD your still with us :cool: could have been SO MUCH WORSE ! Scrimmy take your time feel better take the time to HEAL enjoy the pain as its telling you that YOUR still on (this) side of the DIRT my Friend (y)

Thx @lifesabeech ... currently, pretty much painfree. Can't swing a golf club, but wasn't that good anyway and have to pick and choose my days out on the lake. I guess I can live with those limitations.[/QUOTE

@stomp:) Swing a golf club and fishing, I can see the correlation in your life:ROFLMAO:

I had my back go out twice in my life and I can not imagine living with the pain.
I hope you heal well and quickly @scrimmy

I had my back go out twice in my life and I can not imagine living with the pain.
I hope you heal well and quickly @@scrimmy

I have heard that statement often ....Hmmmm must be your choice of (FOOT WEAR) :yuck::wtf::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just pullin your PERCH big dave:whistle: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hey lifesabeech, been there with back fusion, got pins and screws, back there two, but not sure what kind of meds you are on, but might want to talk to your doc about ralivia or tramadol, same drug, but seems to work for me as far as pain, I can,t seem to slow down with my life, but they seem to be a good pain killer , but only drawback is that you have to take them everyday, not miss a dose

Thanks Paul ....but over the YEARS i have tried them ALL Morphine Dalotated (SP)
the list goes on and on 2 heart attackes later 6 weeks in a coma NO THANKS !!!
i am on a comfortable dose of ran- nabilone and pms-metadol ......works for MOI everyone is different and tolerences reactions are different for the person taking said MEDS
Paul i hate walking threw the air port security :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: no gloves snapped on yet but i start ALL the alarms RINGING :eek::eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
o_O ASK packrat i cut a few branches in HIS troll spot and it took all i had :inpain:

Last edited:
Back