Fishing Report Stuff is out near Nanticoke but… not the stuff I want to catch

jrr

The third kid and I camped out on the boat last night and since I can’t sleep on the boat we went out before the wind came up this morning. The sun and the moon matched.

924D4D79-FA6E-49C9-9916-FF9A8CD490B5.jpegEA6547AF-7BD6-44E0-93B2-FB3B2325911B.jpeg

Lots to look at on the screen. But not a lot once you go past 60 FOW.

B04E707B-CF10-409D-8D29-F9D4762CCE1E.jpeg918B7862-08FE-4740-BF39-D0387E23D5F2.jpeg

But just a load of silver bass and this big ugly thing.

2ADDDBF5-9633-4311-98C6-F1A51CFB4BD6.jpeg

It was a little bumpy coming back at 11am. Just me and two other boats out there — one was well below 20FT. That must have been a work out getting back.

JJR. Thank you for the great report. It is a weird year in LPB for sure. Saw the same thing earlier in the week. Lots of marks on the graph but no quality takers on the line. I have heard the commercial boats are doing very well with smelt, which leads me to believe the walleyes have full belly's. That, and the big migration of walleyes from the west have yet to arrive. Hoping for better days out here soon. The freezer here is empty, and ready for a refill!!

Reactions: jrr
I am taking my boys over to Port Colborne next weekend for the little derby… hoping the migration along the south shore at least makes it there by the 31st ;) Should be fun anyway.

I always have this in mind now:
It’s kinda annoying how the US understands (by way of all the media reports, etc) that the fishery is a huge industry for both commercial but more for recreation… Canada still treats boating like a muskoka rich people thing and fishing is mostly ignored.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks