stright line tourney port bruce august 9th

chefboyardee

just wondering if there is anyone considering fishing the straight line tourney in port bruce and is looking for an extra person to help with costs of fuel entry fee . just a long haul for me and my boat, if interested let me know. i got my own rods and gear.

thanks CHEF

Do you know where I can find the details for this tourney? I will be in bur well that day and may want to try to get in on the action.

still looking for a ride on saturday any one had any cancellations let me know i can make it. better 6 rods then 4 .

That all depends on the wind and size of boat @chefboyardee. I would never run more than 4 lines on my barge.

WTP I always thought the same about 4 rods being enough in the 16' boats i go out in: lowe 16 SC & tracker 16SC
but on weekend we had 3rd person in boat (bit crowded) and decided too gamble and max out the rods. we ran dipsys on #3 setting off each side of boat. then we had 2 leadcores (8&10 colour) off of back corners (used rod holders on the downriggers). I then used an in-line planer with 6 colour leadcore off port side.
I then ran a riviera dual planer board off starboard side using a tuna rod as a mast just in rod holder at front of boat and had the planner rope/line on an old pen reel. (first time using this set-up and was itching too try it) We didn't have any issues with tangle-ups . and managed to boat 23 fish over 5 hours (13 walleye, 8 silver bass, 2 sheephead)

hope this might help

WTP I always thought the same about 4 rods being enough in the 16' boats i go out in: lowe 16 SC & tracker 16SC
but on weekend we had 3rd person in boat (bit crowded) and decided too gamble and max out the rods. we ran dipsys on #3 setting off each side of boat. then we had 2 leadcores (8&10 colour) off of back corners (used rod holders on the downriggers). I then used an in-line planer with 6 colour leadcore off port side.
I then ran a riviera dual planer board off starboard side using a tuna rod as a mast just in rod holder at front of boat and had the planner rope/line on an old pen reel. (first time using this set-up and was itching too try it) We didn't have any issues with tangle-ups . and managed to boat 23 fish over 5 hours (13 walleye, 8 silver bass, 2 sheephead)

hope this might help

You did very well. I run 2 Dipsys to the outside on #3 setting as well as 2 leadcore strait off the back, or leadcore and 2 downriggers, some days 1 downrigger starboard ands a Dipsy on the port side. I have had a mess and I mean a mess when a Smallmouth, farm critter or silver bass decides to take a Dipsy and run across the other 3, can't do much about that. I have a nice size(for us) Starcraft Superfisherman 190. I take the 2 rear seats out and put 1 on the bow replacing the casting bike seat. With 2 of us in it that is perfect, room to dance if the tunes are good. We have gone out with 3 but for me it just isn't enough room. When waves get above 1/2 meter the fun starts. Just switching baits I'm always concerned someone is going for a swim. I had one person fall out of the boat before and don't want to see that fiasco again. So with only 2 people on board 4 rods is max. When waves get silly at 1 meter I'll pull a rod trolling across wind. I want to fight fish, not wind and lines. I've seen up to 8 rods out when 4 guys are on a smaller boat like mine. They must be good I'll tell you, really good. I can't imagine the kaos if they get into a double header with 1 meter plus choppers.

I'm just getting into planner boards so that will help with carbuncklements.

Keep up the great fishing, you sure smashed them.

edit: I love the tuna rod idea. I hope you aren't like me and can post a pic, tablet issues making file smaller. I would love to see it because I do not want to install a mast if I can help it.

I just made a new thread for the mast under Jimmy rigged planner mast....what a chore...but think i managed too post pictures....hope you enjoy

You did very well. I run 2 Dipsys to the outside on #3 setting as well as 2 leadcore strait off the back, or leadcore and 2 downriggers, some days 1 downrigger starboard ands a Dipsy on the port side. I have had a mess and I mean a mess when a Smallmouth, farm critter or silver bass decides to take a Dipsy and run across the other 3, can't do much about that. I have a nice size(for us) Starcraft Superfisherman 190. I take the 2 rear seats out and put 1 on the bow replacing the casting bike seat. With 2 of us in it that is perfect, room to dance if the tunes are good. We have gone out with 3 but for me it just isn't enough room. When waves get above 1/2 meter the fun starts. Just switching baits I'm always concerned someone is going for a swim. I had one person fall out of the boat before and don't want to see that fiasco again. So with only 2 people on board 4 rods is max. When waves get silly at 1 meter I'll pull a rod trolling across wind. I want to fight fish, not wind and lines. I've seen up to 8 rods out when 4 guys are on a smaller boat like mine. They must be good I'll tell you, really good. I can't imagine the kaos if they get into a double header with 1 meter plus choppers.

I'm just getting into planner boards so that will help with carbuncklements.

Keep up the great fishing, you sure smashed them.

edit: I love the tuna rod idea. I hope you aren't like me and can post a pic, tablet issues making file smaller. I would love to see it because I do not want to install a mast if I can help it.
just made a thread Jimmy rigged plannermast...hope you enjoy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks