Stomp's fish cleaning

longrun

Hi all. Does any buddy no Ron's phone # or how to get ahold of him.(.quote from stomp .) I guess Ron's would be ok if you're coming from that way to begin with. However, it's about 47 km from Pt Bruce. Thank you

Hi all. Does any buddy no Ron's phone # or how to get ahold of him.(.quote from stomp .) I guess Ron's would be ok if you're coming from that way to begin with. However, it's about 47 km from Pt Bruce. Thank you

Just to be clear, I've never used Ron's service. I have had Keith in Port Rowan do a ton of perch for me and he's top notch. I believe his number has been posted previously. Channel 6-8 sponsor, Rush Creek Marina in Port Bruce offers fish cleaning too.

Ok thanks for the info. I will try and find Keith's in port Rowan
If any one has his # could you please post it. Thanks again

we are finding that people are happy just to stop bye and use the fish scale machine ,it cuts the fish cleaning time in half ,before they go home , plus we do the whole thing if they want ,

It seems to work out okay we try to have the fish cleaned for when the person comes back to get there next batch of minnows , if were real bissy

Why bother scaling if you strip the skin filleting anyways?

I kinda had the same question as HTHM. I do the same with Perch as I do with Walleye. I do remeber vaguely fishing with an Uncle that scaled the Perch, panfried with skin on and we ate them but I could be wrong. Getting old sucks!

Clark

Skin on is the only way... Better flavour and will keep nicer in the freezer... IMO

I bought one of those Bear Paw electric scalars; the thing works great on Perch or walleye.
A couple of passes on each side and the scales are gone. The shield throws the scales down to the cleaning board so you don't have scales flying every which way.

Dan.

Copy of Scaler 002.jpg

Leave the skin on, Deepfried adds that perfect crsp to the edge of your battered fillet. I normally fillet using butterfly method. Leaving skin intact not only for MNR and storage but for actual flavor or the meal itself.

Dand How much did the bearclaw run you as that would be nice compared to the old scaler hand tools i have.

Back