Stay at home rules??

I thinks it’s the health unit regions there talking about, same as snowmobiling this past season! Sucks for me I’m in London, no “official” access to any lake for me I guess!
Well that ain’t happening
If I want food from a restaurant in London I’m going and getting it! Lol

Technically most likely not legal for 3 from different households .... but guys who carpooled at my work .. got a speeding ticket on Wednesday... cop asked if from same household ..they said no, but from same work / social bubble .... and cop let it go , and just gave speeding ticket

Technically not supposed to leave area of your health center ..... but if that got inforced...the 401 wouldn't have many vehicles on it, I didn't see anyone checking all the ice fisherman during winter lockdown.

So I wouldn't worry too much

Life is short ....live it while your healthy
I could not find anywhere online where it’s says you have to stay in your region. I believe that’s a recommendation than law. I went through the winter stay at home order that was on the Ontario website and there was no mention of regions or communities in it.

I was looking cause I wasn’t sure if Woodstock to Long Point would be legal. Decided to go because the law that passed didn’t mention it, as well there are no marinas near me open so I went to the closest body of water that was open.

Well conflicting and confusing at the same time
These are questions and answers from a Toronto News paper on line ,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-201515_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-201515_Samsung Internet.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210411-201418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-201418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210411-201256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-201256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 58
Well conflicting and confusing at the same time
These are questions and answers from a Toronto News paper on line ,
See but that’s the problem is that is always “should be avoided” but that’s not law, that’s a suggestion. I agree it’s very confusing. Like I said, I couldn’t find the stay at home order for this time but the January one never said anything about leaving your region. I think that holds more weight in court than a newspaper but in this day and age who knows lol.

See but that’s the problem is that is always “should be avoided” but that’s not law, that’s a suggestion. I agree it’s very confusing. Like I said, I couldn’t find the stay at home order for this time but the January one never said anything about leaving your region. I think that holds more weight in court than a newspaper but in this day and age who knows lol.
Here you go. The recent stay at home order PDF.

taken from https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-a...VAhLnCh2KLggjEAAYASAAEgKv6fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and here's the link to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.

and here's the link to the section on Enforcement of Covid measures implemented under that act.

I read them. It's a lot of "legalese" and it didn't really clear anything up for me. But I read them.

Last edited:
Here you go. The recent stay at home order PDF.

taken from https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-a...VAhLnCh2KLggjEAAYASAAEgKv6fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and here's the link to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.

and here's the link to the section on Enforcement of Covid measures implemented under that act.

I read them. It's a lot of "legalese" and it didn't really clear anything up for me. But I read them.
Thanks! It looks exactly the same as the January one. It doesn’t mention regions or zones that I see. It just says I can leave my house for exercise at a approved amenities which marinas are included in.

I think if your smart and try to stay local you should be good either way. If your travelling 6 hrs north for fishing then that might not be recommended lol

Thanks! It looks exactly the same as the January one. It doesn’t mention regions or zones that I see. It just says I can leave my house for exercise at a approved amenities which marinas are included in.

I think if your smart and try to stay local you should be good either way. If your travelling 6 hrs north for fishing then that might not be recommended lol
Where's it's clear as mud to me is they encourage us to get outside and exercise. They are allowing baseball diamonds, soccer fields, golf courses etc to remain open, but if I needed a new pair of pants right now, I can't get them. Those sections of Walmart for example are closed off.

They are allowing marina's to be open and fishing is allowed, if you have a boat, same as last year, but during the stay at home order in January, ice fishing was allowed. Now that it's spring though, there are reports of piers being closed, and people being told by police they can't stand on a river bank and fish so if you don't have a boat, they're essentially saying, "no, fishing is not allowed, not from shore" but that isn't coming from the provincial gov't, and the MNRF, the same as they said last year, are saying fishing is allowed whether you have a boat or not.

So to avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings with law enforcement and to avoid upsetting the people who live in Pt Bruce year round who were pretty upset last year during the stay at home order in the spring when people ignored it and showed up there anyways, I decided already that I'm just going to do what I did last year when they issued the stay at home order at this time of the year. I'm going to stay home and get stuff done around here that needs to be done and by the time I get it all done, unless they extend this like they have before, it'll be just about the time its supposed to be lifted and then I'll go the first chance I get and take the necessary precautions when I do. Last year that was June 6, a full 6 weeks later than the earliest I'll come out of hibernation. This time I'm hoping that it'll be early in May which is when they've said it's supposed to be lifted and also is right around the latest when I would come out of hibernation before all of this started.

When I was finally able to get out and wet a line last year, I had a better than expected year, maybe it'll be the same this year and I might have to consider changing my hibernation patterns accordingly from now on.:unsure:

Where's it's clear as mud to me is they encourage us to get outside and exercise. They are allowing baseball diamonds, soccer fields, golf courses etc to remain open, but if I needed a new pair of pants right now, I can't get them. Those sections of Walmart for example are closed off.
@Trevor M - With a wee bit of tongue in cheek I must say I'd be just as happy following your exploits in the Galley compared with your on-the-water reports. Stay safe

@Trevor M - With a wee bit of tongue in cheek I must say I'd be just as happy following your exploits in the Galley compared with your on-the-water reports. Stay safe
:unsure:a wee bit of tongue in cheek or a lil bit (or maybe a lot) of drool on chin?:ROFLMAO:

But once I come out of hibernation, unless I go out with one of the few people I go out with in their boats, my "on the water" reports more often then not are actually "on the pier" reports. As much as I'd love to own a boat, I don't, not yet. One of those bucket list/dreams that got derailed when I got hurt. As I said in another thread, while my belly floats, the rest of me tends to sink. ;)

Back