St.Williams, Any Safe Ice?

My buddy is heading out there as I type.
Go GETEM Joe(y)
Buddy called last night and decided not to go after he saw the snow.
This has been a crazy year with this weather thing.
I told him what you had posted Larry, he said he was glad he didn't go.

Went out on st willaims today. About 4 inches of good ice with 1 inch of slushy weak ice on top out until the lighthouse. Then there's about 3-4 of clear ice with just some snow on top. Didn't dare to venture further out. Heard some creaking and got off in a hurry. Not ideal.

Could one of you guys at St Williams take one last winter picture looking out onto the lake from where Grangers and Bayside have their huts just to convince me its over for ice fishing. would appreciate it, thanks Huron.

Anybody at all have anything to offer about what it's like at St Williams? A few words at least if not a pic , thanks Huron.

Went flying today, Outer bay is clear with ice along shore. Inner bay is covered with what looks like very thin and breaking up ice/slush cover. Bruce/Burwell/Stanley, thin shore ice, open water then small pack ice out a mile. I would not venture out on any ice right now.

BAY IS UNSAFE. Open water in front of Big Creek, a little in front of Pt Rowan and open spots to the east in front of Akers area and open water at the mouth of old cut. Jumped on the channel at my parents and it held but slushy and water bubbled up threw the cracks. I wouldn't trust any ice right now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks