St Clair Sept 9/14

apps

Mrs. apps and I fished east of Lighthouse Cove yesterday , just a little west of St Luke's and went 6-7 on the musky , biggest was a 41" which is Mrs. apps new personal best :cool: , 1-pike , 1-bass and 1- bonus walleye , I reeled the walleye in cause I thought the bait was fowled up with weeds till it gave me a head shake :confused:, when I got it in the boat Mrs. apps smile at me and said " thought you said you were done cleaning fish for the year " I laughed and said "well we are on a meat run now "! What a day with all kind of different fish being caught and all on a 6" jointed bait musky baits , bass and wallies must be hungry if they are taking that big of bait ! .....................apps

Mrs. apps 41" , she don't like holding them , just reeling them in , but its all good with me !

Last edited:
wow what a great day. I'm hoping to get down there for a day or two yet this fall.

I don't know the lake at all in terms of where you are launching and where even the lighthouse you refer to is. The two times I made it out last year were with an American guide coming in from the US side.

Would love any knowledge you are willing to part with.....very exciting and what a hog of an 'eye'!..the head on that thing looks huge

@Maestrolaker , I have a slip in Luken Marina in Lighthouse Cove which is little town at the mouth of the Thames River , there is a free launch right at the mouth but I DO NOT recommend using it , it has claimed more than one axle ! Cove Marina has nice ramp but it $10 in and $10 out , next free launch is Jeannettes Creek which has been rebuilt and nice launch in fact I put my 24' striper in there to launch with no problems ! You also asked about how late we fish and I know I have fished for them as late as dec13th but last year we got froze out earlier , season closes dec15th , I'll post a map of the lake maybe that will help you out a little at less you can kind a make sence of things before you head out ! ....................apps

http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html

Thanks Apps: Just bought myself an 18' boston whaler and have had a couple of great days out on Erie in some tough conditions......really cranked up about hitting St Clair for some Musky.

I like trolling but prefer casting even if it's not always as effective. Much appreciate the information. Went on Google and tracked down Jeannettes Creek and will mark that as my point of entry.
Thanks for the map link as well.

now I have to get out there and start finding a few good places to start!!

Ty guys ! here a pic of the bass we caught , the same bait that's in the wallies mouth in picture above is the same bait that we caught this bass on ! Think he is a aggressive fish or what ?!................apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks