Speaking of hunting coats ...

MichaelLudwig

I came across an awesome deal the other day. Columbia Sportswear has a waterfowling coat called the Omni Heat - Electric Wader Widgeon. It's their famous wading jacket with a battery powered heating system built in. Depending on where you buy this jacket, it's priced anywhere from $1,200.00 to $1,400.00. However, I found on the Columbia website that they are sellling this jacket for $300.00 USD. The trick is that you have to buy it through the U.S. website and have it shipped to a U.S. address, but you can pay for it with a Canadian credit card. Here's the link. Just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested.
http://www.columbia.com/Men%E2%80%99s-Omni-Heat-Electric-Wader-Widgeon%E2%84%A2-Interchange/HM7197,default,pd.html

"Ohh .. bother" said Pooh, as he chambers another round.

Well, after being away deer hunting for a week and one of my guys "forgetting" to pick up my new Columbia gear over in the U.S., I finally have my new Columbia Wader Widgeon Omni-Heat Electric coat, and gloves. Nice looking gear. Done up in Max4HD, it looks like I should be able to be pretty sneaky in the marsh!
I haven't got the coat charged up yet, but I do have the gloves done and they are NICE !!!. Waterproof, warm on their own, and an electric heat boost for those times when the fingers get wicked cold. I have arthritis in my hands pretty bad so I can see where these are going to do me a world of good. Will let everyone know how good the gear really holds up after the weekend ... hoping to do a little shooting this weekend.

Finally got to test out the new jacket and gloves on Saturday morning. Went hunting off Port Ryerse. Stood in the water up to my waist for 3 1/2 hours and unfortunately, couldn't get cold enough to turn on the jacket, but did turn the gloves on for about about ten minutes. Found out some very important issues ...
1) The jacket is wicked warm without the electric heater. Never even had to do it all the way up too keep warm.
2) The jacket is wind proof and waterproof. Had the nice wet snow pounding on me for most of the morning.
3) The gloves are pretty warm without the heater as well.
4) The gloves, with the heater on, definitely keep away the arthritis.
5) The gloves are definitely waterproof. Couldn't get them wet inside at all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks