Dunlop Winter Maxx SJ8 $160.60
Bridgestone Blizzak BM-V2 $177.84
Michelin Latitude X-Ice X12 $206.70

LT245/70R17 10 Ply Light Truck
Cooper Discoverer M+S $221.96
Bridgestone Blizzak LT $197.86
Michelin LTX Winter $234.65

Cooper & Michelin have a $70.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 tire
Bridgestone $50.00 mail-in rebate on a set of 4 tire.

$3.30 Ontario tire stewardship fee (Tire tax)
$1.85 valve stems. May not be needed if you have tire pressure sensors?
$20.00 To install & balance.
Plus HST.
Thanks @Dand,and very nicely explained and broken down.? I will give you a call early this week,and I very much appreciate your time and information.Have a great day!! ??

I've had good luck with Blizzaks . Definetly get some winter rims to go with them Or use your stock rims and buy fancy for the summer. Wife's car came with 20s but snowies are 17. You can often save by getting a smaller, taller tire,as long as the circumference Is almost the same and they will fit over the brakes. Tire Rack has a good calculator for sizes and fitment.

I've had good luck with Blizzaks . Definetly get some winter rims to go with them Or use your stock rims and buy fancy for the summer. Wife's car came with 20s but snowies are 17. You can often save by getting a smaller, taller tire,as long as the circumference Is almost the same and they will fit over the brakes. Tire Rack has a good calculator for sizes and fitment.
Thanks @Twister for the excellent tips and advice. ??

Hey Red Hering I just sold my silverado and forgot to include the winter tires so I still have them and if your still interested let me know and when I get back to the shop i'll check the size.Only one year old.
Sure!! @weedliner and please let me know!! My truck tire size are: P 245/70 R17 Thanks in advance for letting me know that you have some snow tires,and I will wait for your response back,before I buy a set of snow tires.Have a great day!! ??

Last edited:
Hey if you can latch onto a snow with only one season that's the way to go.
Depending on the year of Silverado (Mid 2000's) they came with a 245/70R17 with an optional 265/70R17
If they happen to be the 265 it's only 3.6% larger in diameter and should fit.
At 100klm showing on the speedo your actual speed would be approx 104klm.

Dan.

Hey if you can latch onto a snow with only one season that's the way to go.
Depending on the year of Silverado (Mid 2000's) they came with a 245/70R17 with an optional 265/70R17
If they happen to be the 265 it's only 3.6% larger in diameter and should fit.
At 100klm showing on the speedo your actual speed would be approx 104klm.

Dan.
I haven’t heard a response back yet from @weedliner I will wait till the end of this week to hopefully hear from him.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard a response back yet from @weedliner I will wait till the end of this week to hopefully hear from him.
I still haven’t heard back from @weedliner as of today,(Friday,November 2/18),so I am guessing ?the snow tires that he had for his Silverado that he sold,don’t fit my Silverado?? ?? I have now decided to price out the Bridgestone Blizzak LT tire.At Costco,these tires are $197 plus tax per tire,and I also receive a $70 Costco cash card,with the purchase of 4 Bridgestone tires. Thanks everyone for your help,and drive safely this winter. ??

Attachments

• 1B3D5DC4-2C0A-4E5B-A0B8-0814C4FD903F.jpeg
    1B3D5DC4-2C0A-4E5B-A0B8-0814C4FD903F.jpeg
    860.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@Red Hering… You won't go wrong with the Blizzaks. (y)
Thanks again @Wave Runner and others for recommending the Blizzacks?,and I hope these Blizzacks LT instead of the Blizzacks DM-V2 that people like yourself recommended for me,aren’t “overkill” for my truck.I want these Blizzacks tires to grab the snowy/icey road’s,as if I was also driving a 4X4!! I have a few ice fishing trip’s already planned for the upcoming winter season,and safety is always my #1 top priority!! Thanks again everyone for your time and also for all of the recommendations on what snow tire’s I should purchase.It was very much appreciated!! ???

I am planning on doing some ice fishing trip’s into the new year 2019,trip’s such as Long Point Bay,Lake Simcoe,and maybe even in the Lake Nippissing-Temagami area,if the ice fishing is slow here in southwestern,ontario.I was just wondering what anyone would recommend for a good set of snow tires? I drive a 1500 Chevrolet pickup truck,(it is not a 4x4),and over the years I have tried the Michelin M/S,and the Goodyear all season tires,but I felt that I needed something more dependable.I am also a member of Costco,and I am wondering as well if their tires are a good brand for the winter months? Thanks in advance & have a great day.??
Here is my recommendation...16605.jpg

Gents
I have been driving a F150 company vehicle for the last 8 years (new every 2yr)
I've been clocking 60-85,000 km/yr for over 17 yrs. Driving in every weather condition 90% on highways.
My winter tires have been Blizzaks for the last 5 winters and you can't beat them, and I have tried many.
My summer tires are Michelin. Pricey but they ride so much better than the rest.

Awesome Offer Dan!!

Back