Smoked Goose

Magnum 3

Just wondering if anyone has smoked Goose meat before. A guy at work said growing up , goose was a regular table fair , but he found the taste well... not good . He started smoking it and found a new found love of the meat . Problem is he isn't around and I need advice on how to smoke it( temperature , length of time , meat prep etc.). I like goose pepperoni but want to try this once also . Any thoughts ?

Just wondering if anyone has smoked Goose meat before. A guy at work said growing up , goose was a regular table fair , but he found the taste well... not good . He started smoking it and found a new found love of the meat . Problem is he isn't around and I need advice on how to smoke it( temperature , length of time , meat prep etc.). I like goose pepperoni but want to try this once also . Any thoughts ?
Hey buddy YouTube will help you out 👍

I did it a couple years ago. I did not keep the recipe but it turned out decent. I brine it in the same solution as pork butts, 4 cup eater 1/4 cup each salt and brown sugar. Left over night. Rinsed with clean water. I then seasoned with a bbq chicken rub (would have used less or skipped next time). Then took two breasts, tied together with twine matching the large meat end to the thin lower portion making a uniform piece of meat. Smoked till 170ish, can't remember exactly. Came out well but the seasoning was too strong. Meat was good though.

Just reread original post. Smoked at 212-215.

I use a dry rub for mine

black pepper
coriander
cumin
sea salt
Mrs. dash yellow lid
cyan pepper to taste

sprinkle over top then smoke I use hickory for mine and cook to med rare. Once cooled use a meat slicer to cut thin pieces.

Great with cheese and crackers.

RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks