Smallies on LPB today

Pinchel

Well I decided to take advantage of the no license week and take my brother out since he hasnt been out in years and what a day. We started off in the mess of boats by the EC5 and right off the hop we had 2 bites first fish bent my hook, and the second fish spit his hook so we was back to square one. After hooking into a couple perch with leeches the day was looking bad so we packed it in and headed for EC10 since NOBODY was anywhere near it and what a great choice it was ON FIRE we had our limit of 1-3 pound smallies in less than half an hour and continued fishing till we ran outta bait. We boated 55 smallies and kept our limit of roughly the 1lb size. GREAT DAY

Simcoe, Ontario

Sounds like an awesome day of fishing!! Gonna try my luck out there tomorrow, I'm sure it will be crazy busy. Will post my results hopefully with some good pics

We was launching at booths at 7 and didnt give up on the mess of boats until 11:30 and head to EC10 but what a change, I thought for sure with the warmer temps the bass would vacate out to deeper water but it seemed like they was huddled on the one side of the EC10. I was sitting 50' away on the NE side anchored and if i didnt throw my leech in an area of about a 10' radius we couldnt get a bite, but throw the leech in the hole and it was game on the leech wouldnt even hit bottom and it would be nailed. I do have pics on my phone maybe ill try to upload later.

Simcoe, Ontario

quote:
Originally posted by Pinchel

We was launching at booths at 7 and didnt give up on the mess of boats until 11:30 and head to EC10 but what a change, I thought for sure with the warmer temps the bass would vacate out to deeper water but it seemed like they was huddled on the one side of the EC10. I was sitting 50' away on the NE side anchored and if i didnt throw my leech in an area of about a 10' radius we couldnt get a bite, but throw the leech in the hole and it was game on the leech wouldnt even hit bottom and it would be nailed. I do have pics on my phone maybe ill try to upload later.

Simcoe, Ontario

Thanx for the info Pinchel, I would have thought the bass would be in deeper water by now also. Were you using live bait or Gulp leeches?

All live leeches amd even worms. Funny thing was the sunfish were even biting the leeches. Also to correct my position I was sitting NW of the buoy not NE. Boats started to wonder closer but it was on and off from what I seen but after limiting out monday and today time to locate some perch.

Simcoe, Ontario

Thanx for the help. If your looking for perch take a drive to pt.bruce and head east of the peir in front of the windmills in anywhere from 28-40fow and you'll limit out no problem! If your up for the drive.

Back