Small boats on Big Water, opinions?

My family owned 16ft with a 40 merc as our second boat and I can tell you we towed in about 5 boats in the 6 years we owned her also rescued a couple from the water as their 14ft seadoo boat was on fire, my husband also witnessed an operator drive directly into the sandbar at Pottahawk with a 35 footer at a fairly good clip(no it was not on Pottahawk day and the driver wasn't drunk just very green) The guy was so shaken (2 kids were sitting at the front of the boat) he asked my husband to drive the boat back to Turkey Point for him(we were at Booth's) I can tell you that size doesn't matter, most of the boats we have assisted over the years were same size as ours or bigger. The operator is what the problem is: don't ever take a boat out too far if you are not able to make it back safely in time before weather changes, or your boat seems to be running not quite right. Ask yourself this question before heading out in the lake no matter what size boat you have, "Is my boat safe, and are my passengers going to be safe". Everyone had a job on our boat before we took her out, even our guests were given a job. I guess that's why we were the ones giving assistance over the years. Be smart be safe out there. I have witnessed alot of aircraft looking for people-you don't want to be one of them. Do all your safety checks before leaving the marina.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks