Fishing Report Slow today. DEAD slow.

Trevor M

Dropped my wife off at work and headed to the pier. Line in by 7 again, but minnows were far and few between today. Had to work for the 2 doz I managed. That gave me an idea of the kind of day it might be and that idea became reality. Didn't get skunked, but only managed 1 farm animal and to my complete surprise, a blue gill that I wasn't expecting. That was it for me today. 🤷‍♂️

Saw a couple other farm animals, half a dozen white perch between half a dozen different people, a couple gobies, and a few smaller catfish and that was it from just before 7 when I got there and 3pm when I left.

My wife will be on vacation at 5pm Thursday and we're heading up to Tobermory on Monday, stopping a few places on the way, taking the ferry across and back just to go for the ride Tuesday morning, we're just walking on, (I've never been on the Chi Cheemaun, but I have seen it, and she was a little girl last time she was on it) after that we're gonna wing it and do whatever we might find interesting. Coming home Wednesday, stopping in Owen Sound on the way, so unless she maybe lets me go this weekend (which I'm trying to convince her to come with me since it's Mother's Day weekend which means she doesn't need a license this weekend) but if not, it'll likely be maybe Thursday or Friday next week before I might get out again. If not it'll be the week after, either way, hopefully the fish will be in a more cooperating mood by then.

Was out again at the Port Bruce pier Wednesday. Very windy from the southerly direction, with waves coming up the channel. Water was muddy but not a Timmys double double. Tried for cats for a couple hours without success. Others were fishing, mostly with pickeral rigs and worms, and also without success while I was there. Most had gone or were leaving when I did. It seems to be a hit or miss type of spring, I'll try again next week.

Was out again at the Port Bruce pier Wednesday. Very windy from the southerly direction, with waves coming up the channel. Water was muddy but not a Timmys double double. Tried for cats for a couple hours without success. Others were fishing, mostly with pickeral rigs and worms, and also without success while I was there. Most had gone or were leaving when I did. It seems to be a hit or miss type of spring, I'll try again next week.
It's still very early. Last week the only thing that hit a minnow was either a sheephead or a gobie. Lots of white perch were being caught using worms. This week when I was there Tuesday not much was hitting anything and catching minnows was an exercise.

Sure wish they'd make up their mind about Saturday weather wise. Look at it last night and it changed from might rain around 11am to gonna rain all day. Look at it now and it's back to early morning will probably be ok and it might rain and winds pick up around 11. Probably change again later.

IF it stays as is right now, I'll be on the pier Saturday morning just before or as the sun is coming up. My wife has told me if I want to go fishin on Saturday I "may do so" since her mom is coming over to watch a movie I have ZERO interest in.

IF it stays as is right now, I'll be on the pier Saturday morning just before or as the sun is coming up.
Just looked at the weather sites I look at and they're worse now than they have been for the past few days. (they also don't agree :rolleyes:) so I won't be going fishin tomorrow morning. Maybe sometime late next week after we get back from our trip if the weather cooperates.

slow up this way as well Trevor----did a coffee run to Port Dover yesterday morning----never know there's a derby going on. four/five scattered along the pier----only heard of one who had maybe four smallish size ones---did see a few minnows lake side hugging the wall----even the gulls had deserted the place

Every time I go to finish off the boat, the wind starts blowing all sorts of 💩 in the air, or a shower comes through.

Pisses me off but hearing that it's still very quiet, I can live with it.......... for now. 🤔🌻

My wife and I took my mom down to Pt Bruce just for the ride today while my dad took a nap. There were 5 or 6 Asian gentleman sitting out by where I usually sit beside the light tower and they had 2 white perch between them. Surprisingly 3 boats were out there as well and they were in REAL close to the pier.

The first one was in what I would consider to be a really bad spot, almost straight out from the SW corner of the pier in close, so close that I could have put my sinker IN his boat when I cast out, but if you were coming out of the channel you wouldn't be able to see him because of the pier until you were clear of it.

The second was a little west of the pier but again, he was so close that I'd have been able to bounce my sinker off his boat had I been fishing.

The third was further west and out of my casting range, but he was in so close he was almost on the beach straight out from the fry shack a little further away and he was clearly searching because he was on the move.

Didn't look like any of those boats were having any better luck than the guys on the pier tho.

There was one guy just getting there when we were leaving, and one sitting at the far end of the parking lot. Didn't see anyone catching anything while we were there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks