slow sunday on the bay

Rob V

got off to a late start Sunday - didn't get on the water until 10 ish. that may have been the problem - other than the fact it was a nice day on the water it was a non-productive fishing day - small mouth were nowhere to be found. tried everywhere i could think of including normandale. i wasn't using live bait - maybe that was the problem.

anyone else find any co-operative bass on Sunday ?

Saturday same thing saw 2 fish be caught and that's it. Thats why the largie trip today was needed. Not a single cloud of minnows to bee seen anyone know why.

Same issue out of Nanticoke. All the regualr spots were dead. Even the walleye were off today. What a difference a day can make.

I found it was slow but did find some small. Started EC -3 and 4, which was slow, and then went out to the channel off Turkey Point. Caught one on a leech immediately after stopping. Then nothing for over an hour. Then moved back in to EC 3 and 4. Caught one right after I stopped, then lost another that jumped and spit the hook. All tolled fishing 2 hours, 15 minutes

I was out for a few hours Saturday with the kids on the north shore over some rock shoals. Just messing around really, but caught about 8 little smallies in an hour trolling. Nothing of any size, maybe 1lb if lucky. Oh, and 2 big sheep head that were nice enough to destroy my hooks.

We were out at ec5/6 and got nothing. Moved out to Bluff Bar at first marker in 25ft slow drift to 4ft and got nothing. Saw a boat on north side pick up a few so moved to South Side (?? Duh ??) and got nothing. Moved down halfway with a small pack of boats and picked up a couple of rock bass. Ended up drowning a few minnows and 2 Rockies. Great day on the water but not very productive.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks